12

I'm so sorry for neglecting this story for almost a week! I've just been busy updating other stories.

Also...writer's block e.e

Warning: angst (?) and gore

Major timeskip

Reader POV

I stretched my hand to the sky, the golden wedding ring shining in the sunlight.

"Oi, (y/n)."

I turned my head and saw Rina laying next to me. We were on a blanket on the grass.

Rina and I decided to meet up before heading to Oxford. I had just graduated from London University two years ago and I was teaching at Oxford.

Noelle Silva, my sister-in-law, was one of my students.

Noelle and Asta were still a thing, even though he chose to go to college in Hyogo.

At Oxford, they released their students for about three weeks for break. He had flown home and surprised me by waiting outside the gates countless times when I was still in high school.

Now, I was 25 and our son, Noah, was four.

"Are you nervous?" Rina asked as she sat up.

I shook my head. "Why would I be nervous? Not only do I get to see that stupid idiot, but also my two other friends."

Rina sighed. "Alright then." We cleaned up our picnic, went back to the flat we shared, and hopped on a train heading to Oxford.

The hour-long train ride was spent talking with Rina and letting Noah watch Yokai Watch on my phone.

I watched the many places we passed by.

England was a beautiful country.

My phone buzzed and it was a text from Yuno on the family group chat.

(y/n). You forgot to bring this idiot with you -Yuno.-.G

It was a photo of Asta stuck in a box.

I don't think I forgot anything, Yuno. -(y/n)

He's messing with you, darling -MotherG

Make sure that you say hello to Nozel for us. -FatherG

I'll beat the shit out of him if he hurts you -Grandfather

I laughed at his comment.

Oh, you'll have to fight me for that opportunity -RiNa

Rina and I took a picture of us on the train with peace-signs, Noah also joining us.

"I'm excited to see Daddy," Noah smiled as the train pulled up to the train station by Oxford University.

We got off the train and Nozel crouched down as Noah ran up to his father, smiling.

Unknown POV

"Water Magic: Roaring Tide!"

"Flame Magic: Flames of Mars!"

I looked up at the sky in horror as the four rulers of Cardia aimed spell after spell at each other.

"Get out of here!!!" I shouted to my brothers and sisters. My grimoire activated. "Ice Magic: Breath of Winter!"

A huge surge of ice attacked opponents from the Fire Citizens.

"You need to run," Mother shouted. "Use that ice magic of yours to get you and your siblings out of here!!"

"Ice Creation Magic: Snowflake Carpet."

I got out of there as soon as possible and looked behind me briefly to see my mother let out a scream as she was killed by a fire mage.

You must get to the statue of the 29th Wizard King. And find the graves of (y/n) (l/n) Silva and Noah (l/n) Silva. Then the three will awaken and bring the others of the peaceful era to this world.

My vision of this man named Larcade flashed in my mind.

I was tasked with finding three gemstones in the four regions of Cardia.

The fire gem of the ancient Clover Kingdom.

The water gem of the ancient Diamond Kingdom.

The earth gem of the ancient Heart Kingdom.

There was a fourth gem of the ancient Spade Kingdom, but it was said in the vision I had that (y/n) (l/n) Silva had it in the world where she and the others from the peaceful era now resided without their complete memories.

My name is Griffin Silva Acnoria, a descendant of Noah (l/n) Silva.

My ancestor lived in this world over a thousand years ago and served as the 31st Wizard King.

His parents were legendary, as were their comrades.

Especially (y/n) (l/n) Silva.

Everything used to be peaceful until seven hundred years ago when one of the descendants of Noah (l/n) Silva, Dimitri Silva, became king in the ancient Clover Kingdom.

According to my parents, he raged war with the help of a devil's power to take over the lands.

Fifty years later, the lands were divided up once more.

To the north in the ancient Spade Kingdom resided the air users and other mages of a similar magical attribute.

To the east in the ancient Diamond Kingdom resided the water users and other mages of a similar attribute.

To the south in the ancient Clover Kingdom resided the fire users and of the like.

And finally to the west in the ancient Heart Kingdom resided mages who used earth elemental magic and of the sort.

Those who had unnatural abilities (the arcane stage mages) were outcasted into the lands beyond the reach of the other kingdoms.

Those who used devil magic in addition to their own magical attribute were purged from the lands. So therefore, my family, House Acnoria, one of the two descendants of House Silva, hid the powers of the devils. We weren't allowed to use it unless there was absolutely no other choice.

I had already gotten one gem since my father, the son of one of the many descendants of Noah (l/n) Silva, had passed it down to me.

He said that when I turned 18, I would carry on the family's sacred torch of bringing peace to the lands.

My father explained that two hundred years ago, Larcade had appeared in our ancestor Finral Silva Acnoria's dream.

He explained that in the future, one of the descendants of House Acnoria would combine the three grand gems that Larcade placed in hidden locations. All except the fire gem.

However, House Ancoria lived in the old Diamond Kingdom since our family had mostly water attributes- my father and youngest sister being the only ones who inherited steel magic.

I sped quickly through the night as my siblings slept, unaware that everything we knew was changing.

I had just seen my mother be slaughtered by some fire mages.

I hope you are right, Larcade. I hope by uniting the three gems I can go to the world where my ancestors now live again and bring them here to bring peace to the lands.