Chapter Eleven

'Tell you what! I'll give you your present when we're both at America's house!-'

'Italy, you don't have to get me anything-'

'Too late!'

'Too late!? Didn't you just find out my birthday is three days away?'

'Yep! Perfect timing, right?'

'Italy-'

'Oh! My boss is back from his lunch break, Gotta go! See you on the forth!'

That conversation continued to play on repeat in Canada's mind. Here he was sitting on his patio with his head resting on his arms. It was night time now and the mosquitoes were happily biting at his exposed arms and legs, often causing Canada to give them a good swat at. Still, his mind was reeling back to what Italy was saying over and over again.

Italy didn't know Canada's birthday till maybe an hour ago (Canada was guessing) but yet he already had a present for Canada, did this mean that he was planning on getting Canada a present regardless?

Canada felt flattered.

Flattered and confused.

'Silly. Clearly he found out about your birthday and quickly found a present for you!' Canada tried to laugh it off. Yet his mind was telling him that wasn't the case. "Bah!" Canada cursed out and smacked at the right side of his neck harshly as he had felt the familiar pinprick of a mosquito. "That's it, I'm going back in." He groaned out and went back to his home with a sigh. He shut and locked his sliding glass door.

That was when he suddenly felt something nudge at his ankle. Canada looked down at a sleepy-looking Kumajiro. "Aren't you coming to bed?" Kuma asked Canada with a slow and tired drawl to his voice that was just adorable. Canada looked at the clock on the microwave. 12:45 AM the clock flashed before briefly turning to 12:46.

"Of course, amour, I just needed to clear my head," Canada told Kumajira and he bent down to pick up the bear and hold him against his chest. Kuma let out a loud yawn, sticking his tongue out as he did so. The bear then smacked his lips and rested his head right under Canada's chin. "Alright, let's get you to bed."

Kumajiro mumbled something intelligible before falling asleep right there in Canada's arms. It didn't take Canada long to make it to his room, he placed Kumajirko down on an empty space before crawling into bed himself. It didn't take long for Canada to fall asleep after that.

"Hey! Seborga!" Italy greeted his younger brother. It was honestly a little odd to see Seborga in Rome, but Italy really didn't question it, it was always nice to see family. Still, why would Seborga see him at work? It wasn't going to rain, and even still Romano was back home now. It was just a little odd.

"Ah! Fratello!" Seborga ran up happily to Italy and the two of them embraced before they both kissed each other on the cheek, first the right then the left. "Just the person I need!"

"Ve~ You need me?" Italy grinned happily. "Whatever do you need, Fratellino!"

Seborga stood beside Italy and linked their arms together. "Just your company!"

"Aw!" Italy couldn't help but coo sweetly and hold on to Seborga's arm. He looked up at his little brother and smiled brightly. "You're so tall!"

"Thank you, I can't believe I'm the tallest out of the three of us!"

"Same with Romano! He's so jealous." They continued to walk arm in arm for a few moments. They were just walking around the building, passed Italy's workers and colleagues, just walking.