Chapter twenty-two

'Snow.'

Canada looked down at his fingers as the world started to come into view for him. He must have blacked out at some point. How long has he been moving again? Canada reached down at the ground and felt the snow that was beneath him. It was fresh. When he looked up at the sky several snowflakes landed right on his face and glasses. He watched as the snow continued to flutter down like little specks of white glitter.

He wasn't in the mainland anymore. Again, Canada was becoming aware of the fact that he must have blacked out for some time to get here. The main fact that he was realizing this was his clothes. No longer dressed in the blue scrubs but he was dressed in winter clothes. His winter clothes.

He knew the outfit he was wearing instantly. The brown coat with four large pockets, the dark brown crisscrossing straps usually used to help hold his ammo, thick olive green pants, and his old winter boots. Canada reached up, he didn't feel his goggles, then he realized his goggles were on his face, of course; they were used to keep the snow out of his eyes after all. He looked down at his mittened hands.

He was in his old World war two outfit. He must have gone home at some point. His body on autopilot knew to wear something warm.

So, the question remained. Why did his body bring him here? And where exactly was here?

'I remember running... I remember I had hurt Riley... but... after that...' Canada shuddered as a particularly cold gust of wind went rushing past him.

He wanted to get away from people. That's why he was here. He didn't want to hurt anybody anymore! So when he blacked out, his body took him to a secluded territory. One where nobody would ever look for him...

"Kanata." Canada spun around. He knew that voice. It almost sounded like the wind to him and for a moment he wondered if he was just... going even more crazy. "Kanata..." Nope, he definitely heard a voice that time and he knew that voice.

"Mom?"

"Kanata... This way."

It was coming from the west, and Canada didn't even stop to think of it. He went running after the voice.

"It's Canada again, isn't it?" Seborga stopped Italy as he was ready to leave with Justin Trudeau and Kumajiro. (America wasn't coming as someone had to watch the micronations.) Turns out Seborga was rather clever- then again...

Italy looked at Sealand, the moment they locked eyes Sealand lowered his head behind the couch guiltily while still peering up just enough to look at Italy.

"Isn't it?" Seborga demanded in a tone that made Italy frown as the guilt overcame him instantly.

"... He's missing."

Seborga snorted slightly and Italy saw that Seborga had his fists clenched at his sides before he let out a low sigh and unclenched his fists in defeat. "Give me your phone. It's being tracked, remember?"

"Seborga, I don't want you to get in trouble for me-"

"Just give me the phone, Idiota! I'll text random people so it looks like you're active."

"Seborga-"

"Please-" Seborga extended his hand out. "-Just give me the damn phone."

Italy sighed and fished into his pocket for his phone. Once he had it, Italy went to give it to Seborga, but not before hesitating for just a moment before he finally put it in Seborga's hand. "Thank you."