A new beginning

Adam was lying on his bed, he had forgotten how lonely that room was without Matt, he just closed his eyes wishing the youngest by his side.

He could only think of how things happened so fast, it was all just a big mess, he would never cheat on Matt, the boy is all he had.

Matt had a cigarette between his fingers and he couldn't get the scene of Adam with someone else out of his mind.

He sighed taking the cigarette to his lips and taking a long drag, his eyes closed during that time, long enough for his eyes to be filled with tears.

The youngest felt lost, confused, he had not even left Adam's house, he was still standing in front of it, lost in thought.

Each passing minute only made the pain worse.  Adam finally decides to try to explain what happened, he couldn't let this end his relationship.  He knew Matt well enough to know that he hadn't gone that far, and maybe he was still in the same place.

Matt comes out of his thoughts when he hears someone approach.  He shrugs, it was late and he was too vulnerable on the street alone with just a cigarette between his fingers.

"Matt?"

Adam approaches getting in front of his boyfriend, or ex boyfriend after the accident.

"What you want?"

Matt raises an eyebrow.  The eldest extends his arms in an attempt to embrace the smallest one who dodges.

"I want you. I need to explain what happened, I can't lose you like that, for something that didn't even really happen."

Adam whispered timidly, he scratched the back of his neck trying to stay calm.  His face shows a smile when he sees the youngest agree with that.

"I was with a friend, he was helping me prepare a surprise for you, but he ended up ruining everything when he tripped over one of the boxes and fell on top of me, that's when you arrived. I know it sounds like a horrible excuse, but  that is what happened."

Matt smirked and raised his eyebrow again, his gaze went to Adam's eyes. He was suspicious, and he couldn't believe anything he said.

"A surprise? And what was it? Would you tell me that you cheated on me and change for him? Is that it?"

Adam's eyes widened, and he could only shake his head in denial.  Why is it so hard to stay calm when you really need to?  He would never forgive himself if he lost his boyfriend like that.

"What is it? Can't you talk?"

Matt just screamed, all the pain mixed with anger in his voice.  He brought his unoccupied hand to Adam's shoulder, and punched him there with a little force, which makes the older man grunt in response.

Adam sighed and nodded and swallowed before starting to speak.

"You know, I was going to ask you to marry me ... That's all, I wanted someone's help with this, but it couldn't be you ..."

He admitted embarrassed, and Matt just managed to cry, he felt stupid for having fought without even asking before.  He blushed when he felt the boyfriend's hands on his shoulders, which soon slid to his waist in an awkward hug.

"I'm sorry, I should have asked ... But I felt so bad when I saw him over you, it looked like you were going to kiss. I think you must think I'm stupid now"

Matt's voice was corrupted by crying, he was so ashamed and guilty that he couldn't see that Adam came back to him, as if nothing had happened, he was forgiven.

The taller man gently touched the smaller man's cheeks, trying to wipe away the tears that streamed down his face.

"Hey, look at me. It's okay, I love you, huh? No need to cry, this is all in the past."

Matt hesitated, which resulted in Adam stroking his cheek with his thumb while trying to calm him down.

"Hey, honey, I love you. I was thinking, how do you know everything now ... Do you accept to marry me?"

Those words hit Matt like a shock, his eyes widening for a few seconds.  He couldn't think of anything else, was it a dream or a real one?  He left his thoughts when he felt Adam pinch his shoulder without force, just trying to get his attention again.

"So ... Do you accept?"

The older man raised his eyebrows and pouted, which made Matt smile shyly and blush a lot.

"Yes, I accept! You are so cute when you want to, I would accept anything with that cute face!"

The youngest showed his tongue and cuddled up to the eldest, his hands went to his hair starting to play with the strands.

"Now you're finally going to be mine, with my last name. That sounds perfectly fine."

Adam said excitedly, and laughed when he saw the little one nod childishly.  His right hand went up to her boyfriend's chin, pulling him gently so that he leaned in for a gentle kiss while his other hand removed the cigarette from the younger's fingers.

They pulled back a little, just to be able to throw the cigarette away, and as soon as it was done, Adam kissed him again, this time it was a kiss full of lust.

"I fucking love you, and my bed is so empty without you ... Let's enjoy it, huh?"

Matt nodded and held out his arms for Adam to pick him up, and take him inside the house again, he would be back from the place he should never have left.