CHAPTER FIVE

TYLER'S P.O.V

I can't believe tomorrow is Kyle and Robin's birthday. I know they are not twins or anything but their mother gave birth to them on the same day by almost the same time, Kyle is older by five seconds I don't that even count. I didn't even get something for them. I have been brainstorming for the whole month but nothing comes to mind because they have everything they love, so I don't know what to get them.

Thankfully today Maxine is coming and she will be here shortly. I have missed her a lot and I can't wait to spend my time with her, I will make sure to fill up all the time that we have been apart, seven years it is a lot to fill but is determined to do so.

Reaching the packhouse I see a lot of people roaming around and some are busy doing their things more like decorating, 18th birthday of an alpha and a beta is a big deal since they will also be looking for their mates. So it can't be a surprise party no matter how much you want it to be. Also, it is weekend so everyone is around the packhouse helping when they can.

" Hey hunter boy, soon your boyfriends are going to leave you heartbroken", Bill shouts at one end of the field receiving laughs from his two minions and glares from the rest of the pack members.

Before I could get a chance to speak back, I see water coming from his mouth, drowning in them searching for air but he can't get any. I know exactly who has the power to influence water.

" Pete stop", I half yell at him.

He looks at me for a moment then he stops, " No one talks to my friend that way".

I just smile, " Thanks but you don't have to chock someone to death".

" Look who is talking, you throw knives and arrows at them every time they hit me".

" Speaking of which, why don't you defend yourself again?"

" I hate using magic in school but now I am nowhere near school grounds".

" Let us go inside". I take his hand and drag him inside but before I fully enter I look to where Bill is and I see him shouting at his friends. Idiot.

The thing about witches/warlocks is each of them has been granted one special power within them. Like the power of the elements and they only get one per person. To know what kind of power they possess is when they are in their defense they glow with their hands. Red- fire, blue- water, green- plants, brown- ground, white- light, black- darkness, yellow- sun rays, silver- metal and many forth. Pink is different it only appears between mates/links.

We walk inside the Alpha and Beta's office with Pete by my side still talking about how he would have taught him a lesson if I didn't stop him. We find Jax and Mike at their tables signing and reading whatever is inside the files.

Kyle and Robin are sitting at the sofas, doing nothing other than pouting to their brothers?

" Ty!" They both shoot upcoming to where I am.

" Please reason with Jax, that we don't want all this attention", Kyle kisses my temple.

" Uh..."

" It is not we are looking for a luna or beta female or taking a throne", Robin says kissing my forehead.

" Well.....", I say looking for a better answer. Trying to find Pete for help I don't see him, he must have slipped outside.

" Don't listen to them they are being kids", Mike says putting another file down.

" I don't like taking sides but I think Jax and Mike are doing the right thing", I whisper the last part.

" You take their side?" Robin asks with disbelieve.

" I said what is in my mind and am not taking sides".

" The moment you agreed with them you have chosen your side", Kyle says taking his seat back followed by Robin leaving me standing there.

" Your brothers never had their eighteenth birthday with all the pack members or a good party because they were busy recreating the pack from the loss they had and they had already found their mates when they were seventeen. So if they want to do this one thing for you then don't be idiots, they are doing this because they love you guys". I try to tell them I hope their thick heads get what am telling them.

" Exactly what he said", Jax says looking at Robin and Kyle. " We want it to be your best day".

" You know your happiness comes before our own right?" Mike says.

" Yes, we do because you have made it obvious for everyone to know". Kyle smiles.

" Good, I thought it wasn't clear yet". Jax starts. " So are you ready to find your mates tomorrow?"

There goes the question that we have been avoiding for years. Kyle looks at me finding me looking at Robin and I find him looking at Kyle. I hate this love triangle, I wish we could just be honest about it and all this would have been over for years but none of us wants to hurt another person's heart.

" Do you guys want to talk about it in private?" Mike asks raising his brows.

" There is nothing to talk about, we are good", Robin says looking at Kyle.

" We are ready to find our mates tomorrow and it is going to be epic", Kyle smiles forcefully looking at me.

I need to get out of here before one of us says something regretfully. Looking for an excuse my phone vibrates continuously. Thank god.

> Maxine!< I pick up.

> I am at the gates already, where am I heading?< Maxine squeals making me remove the phone away from my ear.

> Tell him to bring you to the packhouse< I tell her.

> Okay be there in a minute< She hung up.

" Maxine is here", I tell them as I stand up walking to the door without waiting for their response. Like I said I wanted an excuse to get out of the office and I got one.

Good thing is that Maxine will be staying with us in our house and her room has been ready since last week.

" TYLER!", Maxine screams running towards me getting everyone's attention. So I just open my arms catching her as she jumped on me. But I didn't know her weight and we both go down.

" Maxine, what have you been eating?" I ask her still on the ground and she is still on top of me.

" I have missed you", Ignoring my question as she starts to sob lightly. " You left me and I have missed you".

" You are here now", I tell her patting her back.

" Men, what did you do to her?" Robin asks as Kyle and him approach us. Making Maxine get of me and launch at them.

" You two are just as evil as him", She continues to cry on their shoulders.

" We are glad you are here now", Kyle tells her. I get up from the ground and joined the hug. Best group hug ever with my three best friends again.

 We stayed like that for a while, letting Maxine calm down a bit. But that was interrupted by someone behind us.

" Um, guys?" Tyson calls looking at us.

That is when we hear a growl coming from Maxine, letting her out of the hug, she turns to Tyson with black eyes.

Oooh....No!

" MATE!" She growls walking to where Tyson is leaving us shocked.

Just the word I have been avoiding but it looks like it is finding me anywhere I go.

Great.

************************************

A/N

Until next time

Thanks for reading

Enjoy, vote, share, follow, and comment.