Ch.3: Why?

(Good Intentions by: Dappy)

'Fuck it!'

"Either keep up or get ditched." I said

"What?" Delirious asked

I started running toward the school. I heard footsteps rushing to catch up and got to the school a hell of a lot faster. I stopped and then just walked the rest of the way.

I got to the back and went to my spot just to see the BBS there.

"Oh c'mon, really?" I asked," this early?"

I sighed and went to them. They looked at me and vanoss stood forth. He opened his mouth to say something but I put my hand up and didn't say a word. I pushed through them and climbed the tree. I sat on a branch and looked down at them.

"Now speak." I said

"Okay wait first of all, why do you look like your ready to fight in a war?" Vanoss asked," second, we got detention cause the lady up front heard us talking and we're gonna leave you alone for a week."

I leaned on the trunk of the tree and scoffed.

"Everyday is a battle and getting out of bed is just one challenge. Death is always around the corner and you have to be ready." I said

"Thas deep." Luke said

I shrugged and then delirious came.

"And your gonna leave me alone for a week and have detention?" I asked plainly," Wow."

'Befriend brock, remember.'

I looked at moo and softened my face a little. I could try to be nice but what if he gets mad. I went back to being serious and looked at vanoss.

"I don't know what that fall did to you, but you sure as hell are acting weird." I said

Then the bell rang and they started to head off. I stayed in the tree a little longer and looked up at the leaves.

"Should I try making friends again?" I asked myself softly

I frowned and crossed my arms.

"No, they'll abandon me! Fuck it! I'm not gonna try an befriend moo, I've been doing fine on my own and will continue to do so." I said

I jumped down to the ground and headed to the school. I got through the doors and then saw the one person I just talked about. Moo was leaning against the lockers and then looked at me. He smiled brightly and then came to me.

"Hey, I'm sorry I couldn't get the guys to leave you alone for a month or so! I did try but they only agreed to a week." He said kindly

I just shrugged and didn't care.

"I don't care, a week is still good for me." I replied

"But its not enough for you to heal." He said worried

"Im fine, pain doesn't even bother me! Your punches feel like a Miskito bite anyways." I said then mumbled," I'm just that use to feeling pain really."

He frowned and his happy going tone seemed to have saddened. I kinda didn't like that but didn't know what to do.

"Wait no! Im fine! Im sorry." I said

No matter how much I hated to say it, it was true. I want friends again and I don't want to be alone anymore. He just reminded me of Shetia when she use to care about me.

Anyways, he smiled a little at me and I felt a little at ease.

"Are you sure? You're saying the truth right?" He asked