Checkups and Surprises Part 2: BRACES?!

ARIANNA'S POV

The boys have arrived at the office so I'm going to get started. I call back Liam and we go to the exam room. "Alright Liam you know the drill" I said putting gloves and a mask on. He sat down in the chair and I put a bib around his neck. I then tilt the chair back and the examination begins.

AFTER LIAM AND HARRY'S EXAMINATION

Alright now I have Zayn, Louis, and Niall to examine. I brought Niall back and started his cleaning. As I looked around I found that some of his teeth were starting to go crooked again. I then examined Louis and Zayn and found that they had overbites and a few crooked teeth. I think they might need braces, but I'll have to do all the necessary procedures and all that before I put them on. I walked into the waiting room and said "Zayn, Louis, Niall can you please come back please?" They all seemed nervous, Zayn and Louis more so. They followed me back to one of the rooms in the orthodontics wing of the office. "So obviously this is another wing in the office, but before I start, do you three have anything you want to tell me?" Zayn and Louis visibly pales while Niall just looked confused. "Um well I feel like my teeth don't look the same as before" Louis said looking down at the floor. "Yeah me too" Zayn said. Niall looked up and said "I don't know what I'm doing here." So I had them sit down at the desk and I said to them. "You three are all here because I saw a change in your teeth which I shouldn't be seeing at all. So long story short you will all need braces" Zayn and Louis looked relieved while Niall started to panic. "No! I'm not doing this, not again!" I looked at the three of them and said. "You all have to get braces, but there are different kinds so I'll choose which one is best for fixing your teeth." They nodded then I sent them off to separate examination rooms. I went into Niall's first and took some photos and some molds. Then i showed him the pictures and pointed out what needed to be fixed. I then did the same with Zayn and Louis and we all met back up in the office. "So I have come to the conclusion that you two will be getting your braces today, but Niall you will get yours in a few weeks because it takes time to make them." "What do you mean Niall gets his later?!" Louis asked/screamed. "Well you and Zayn are getting regular braces while Niall is getting Invisalign." I said. "What's Invisalign?" Niall asked. "Invisalign is basically like a retainer that straightens out your teeth. Because the change in your teeth isn't a severe, you will get them." I told him. "What about us?" Zayn asked. "You and Louis are getting regular braces like I said and then in the last two months that you'll need them, you will have rubber bands. So Niall and Zayn you can head back to the waiting room while I put Louis' braces on." They nodded and walked back towards the waiting room while I brought Louis to an exam room. I had him sit down in the chair while I got everything I needed to put on the braces. "So Louis, what we're going to do is polish your teeth then we'll put on a acid like gel that will make the surface of your teeth rough, then we'll put in the glue, apply the brackets and cure it, then put in the wire and then elastic bands. Sound good?" I said to him, he looked perplexed but nodded anyway. I tilted the chair back and picked up the cheek retractor. "Louis this is a cheek retractor, it will help me reach your back teeth and also keep your teeth dry, so I'll need you to open so I can put it in." He opened and I put in the cheek retractor and we were off.

AFTER THE PROCEDURE

I lifted the chair back up and looked at Louis' teeth, he now has metal braces with red elastics. I let him go and told him to tell Zayn to come back. Zayn came back and I put his braces on. His elastics are grey. I then called Louis back so we could discuss how to take care of their braces. "So boys now that you have them, here are some things you need to know so you can take care of them. Brush and floss regularly, always make sure you come in to get them tightened, and do not eat apples hard candy popcorn or anything like taffy. Those can break your braces and you'll have to deal with a good amount of discomfort until I fix them or you decide to tell me they broke. If they break and I can't fix them at the moment, there is wax in the kits I have you to put over the wire so it doesn't cut you. Always wear a mouth guard when playing sports. Any questions?" I said to them. I know it was a mouthful but they gotta know this stuff. Louis raised his hand and asked "what will happen when we get them tightened and how often?" I said "when you get them tightened we take off the bands and put on a tighter wire then put on new bands and you will get them tightened once every three weeks." Zayn spoke up and asked "how long will we have them for?" I responded by saying "probably 18 to 22 months for the both of you." They nodded and we got ready to head back to the waiting room when I said "by the way at this point your mouth is hurting right?" They nodded. "Take some Advil or Tylenol to help with that and only soft food like ice cream jello and mashed potatoes for the first week. Now when we get to the waiting room I'll tell Harry and Liam what's going on so that you won't have to talk. Okay?" They nodded and we walked into the waiting room. I then went up to Liam and Harry and said "guys basically Louis and Zayn just got braces so they are in a great deal of pain right now and also since I know they don't particularly care for dentists, Liam I need you to make sure that they come to their appointment every three weeks to get them tightened." They nodded and then the six of us headed back to the hotel.

Hope you guys likes part 2!!!