Chapter one

"Daisy" 

turning my head, I grinned, running at my best friend who had been gone a long time. He caught me, and I buried my face in his neck, which only caused him to hold just a little bit tighter. 

"Stefan, where have you been?" I asked, smacking his arm and trying my best to be angry.

"just went on a little trip" he shrugged, something had caught his attention over my shoulder. "Damon" he greeted with a nod of his head.

"Hello brother" the eldest Salvatore brother answered "Daisy why don't you go get some of those fries that you love, pick a table and we'll be there in a minute" he asked, slinging an arm around my shoulders.

"fine" I stepped away from the brothers, walking toward the bar. James was working one side while Matt was on the other. "hey can I get an order of fries?" James only nodded, leaving to go get my food ready.

Matt walked over to me "hey, Daisy right?" he asked, I had seen him around school, and it's a small town, so it's hard not to know everyone's name.

"yeah, I think you're in my math class" I held my head with my right hand, resting it on the bar, and sitting on a stool. 

"I've seen you with the Salvatore brothers" he observed

"they're my best friends" I grinned at him "although I'm kinda mad at them right now because Stefan went away and didn't tell anyone, except Damon knew where he was anyway, but didn't tell me" I shot a glare over my shoulder.

"oh" he replied lamely "anyway, I gotta go deal with that" he smiled, gesturing to the patron who was flagging him down. I nodded just zoning out, when I heard a voice that sent shivers down my spine.

"what's your name love?" I turned and watched him lean against the bar casually, but I also caught a glint of mischief in his eye.

"Daisy" I held my hand out to him, only for him to grab it, turning it gently and kissing the back of it, my stomach filling with butterflies.

"Klaus Mikaelson, pleasure to meet someone as beautiful as you" he smirked, I felt my face flush from his compliment.

"how charming" I giggled lightly "can't say I've ever seen you before" 

"I'm new to town, just moved in"  he remarked, glancing around the restaurant. 

"I'm sure it's a fascinating story" Damon spoke, suddenly appearing beside me and slinging his arm around my neck. Klaus didn't look very happy about it, but didn't do anything "Daisy and I are going to take her fries and eat elsewhere" I watched him shoot the stranger a dirty look.

normally I'm weary of men around me, especially someone I just met, but there was something different about Klaus, like I could trust him. Damon was just being overly protective, a trait I was very grateful for because it got me out of situations I didn't like.

lightly, I smacked my friend's chest "be nice" I turned back to where Klaus was, but he was already gone, slightly confused I allowed Damon to lead me to where Stefan was waiting.

"stay away from him, okay Daisy, he isn't a nice person" the youngest Salvatore brother warned 

"how could you know that? He said he was new in town" I pouted in turn.

"Stefan and I know him, we've met before, and he showed us he wasn't a good person" Damon replied, stealing the fries he had brought over when he had grabbed me from my conversation with the blonde man.

"whatever I'll stay away" I trusted the brother's judgement, even if I wanted to make that call for myself, I just needed them to stop trying to convince me. "anyway when we get home I call movie night" I snagged a few fries from the tray.

"as long as I get to pick" Damon smirked, only for his hand to get smacked away when he tried to eat more of my food.

"no way, all you want to watch are weird movies, I'm picking" I protested

"like your taste in movies is even better, you'd pick Twilight" Damon rolled his eyes. 

"that's because they're the best movies in cinematic history" I grinned, trying to hold in my laugh at the offended looks. "only kidding, but wouldn't it be cool if stuff like werewolves and vampires existed?" the brothers exchanged looks. "oh come on guys, vampires would be so cool! except for the whole drinking human blood thing, maybe werewolves would be cooler" I rambled, thinking it over.

"nope werewolves will never be cooler than vampires" Damon whined "that's like saying milk and dirt mix well together" he folded his arms pouting

"relax Damon, it's not like they're real or anything" I giggled. "so, Stefan what's your stance? vampire or werewolf" I asked with a raised brow.

"oh no, I'm not getting in the middle of this fight" he raised his hands up in surrender.

"we aren't fighting" I smirked at Damon "I' just proving why I'm right" Stefan snickered while the eldest Salvatore rolled his eyes.

"vampires are still better" he pouted

"but seriously, what is going to be our movie when we get home?" I asked, the brothers laughed, Damon throwing some money on the table and then slinging his arm around my shoulders he pulled me out of the Grill, Stefan following in his own car.

"we can watch Twilight, just so I can point out why vampires are far better than werewolves" Damon opened my door, before walking to the driver's side, starting the car so we could go home.