Chapter six

"You are the chosen, one who will bring peace" a group of females chanted together.

"You cannot escape your fate Daisy Scott" a blonde woman stepped forward. "You must fulfill the prophecy or generations will be destroyed." She warned.

"-isy, come on wake up love" I woke to someone shaking me gently. I took a deep breath, blinking to clear my bleary eyes.

Klaus sat on my bed, hands on my shoulders. "Klaus?" I asked confused. "What are you doing here?" The last scraps of my dream falling away.

"You woke the entire bloody house!" Came an exasperated voice, I looked past Klaus to see Kol, Rebekah, and Elijah standing back, but looking concerned, well Rebekah and Elijah were, Kol was more irritated.

"Sorry, um what happened" I leaned on my elbows.

"You had a nightmare, what were you dreaming about?" Rebekah shoved Klaus off the bed only to receive a glare in return, she sat next to me.

"I don't remember, this has happened before at the boarding house, I reacted the same way, couldn't remember it then either" I rubbed my eyes. Supernaturals I could deal with but it was three in the morning and I was tired. It felt like I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep.

"We could go into your mind" Klaus suggested, it was probably a vampire thing.

"No" I said a little to quickly "I mean it was probably a stupid dream anyway" Rebekah looked at me sympathetic, while Kol decided to jump in.

"Now that we know she's alright I'm headed off to actually get some beauty rest" he turned but was stopped by Rebekah insulting him.

"You definitely need it" I snickered, Elijah looked unamused while Klaus was hiding an amused smile.

"Oh shut it Rebekah" he grumbled, storming off to his room, Elijah nodded at me, leaving as well.

"Why don't you get some rest" Rebekah smiled, before going back to bed.

Klaus looked down at me, looking somewhat torn. "Sorry about waking everyone up" I picked at my comforter.

"Nothing to worry about sweetheart" he brushed some hair away from my face. "We all have nightmares" I closed my eyes when he touched my cheek, and suddenly he was gone, but I couldn't help the small smile spreading on my face.

Breakfast time came, and I was in no mood to change out of my pajamas, which in the long run wasn't a wise choice because Kol teased me endlessly the entire meal.

They weren't even that embarrassing, it was a tank top and sweatpants Damon gave me as a gag gift, it had his face on one side, and 'Damon is the best' on the other.

They were my comfiest pair, even if I did get glares for wearing them.

I managed to convince the ever graceful Original family to stay in for the day, I popped popcorn, and snuggled in a blanket on the couch while I caught the ancient family up on modern movie masterpieces.

We watched the Harry Potter series, and Monty Python and the Holy grail, Elijah didn't understand the comedy in the movie, which only made it ten times funnier.

Klaus and I ended up on the couch ironically called the love seat, Kol and Elijah occupied the two arm chairs and Rebekah was on the long couch.

I felt my eyes getting heavy during Monty Python, I blinked trying to clear it, but my eyelids only seemed to get heavier. I was snuggled against the arm rest, and Klaus was on the other side.

Eventually I did fall asleep, but I found a completely different nightmare.

"You're nothing, you're just an orphan and your family never wanted you" Chad, my Ex, yelled at me. Suddenly my head snapped to the side, my cheek stinging. He had backhanded me as he'd done many times before, and I tried to my hardest to keep my tears at bay.

He knew exactly what to say to hurt me, I'd been with him for a horrible year and a half, my foster parents never cared about me, so starting to date at the age of fourteen wasn't alarming to them, Chad was also three years older than me, and started to abuse me when we were four months into our relationship.

"Hey" I felt someone shaking me.

I looked up to see Klaus, even if he hadn't seen my nightmare I was glad he woke me up. "Yeah?" My voice was slightly scratchy from sleep, but at the moment I didn't care.

"Let's get you to bed Love" he picked me up bridal style, ignoring the knowing glances of his siblings.

Klaus laid me gently in my bed, but when he turned to leave, I grabbed the sleeve of his shirt. "Will you lay with me? Just until I fall asleep" he nodded, stepping out of his shoes before laying down on the other side of me.

He propped himself against the headboard, and pulled me onto his chest. I played with his leather necklaces until I felt my eyelids get heavy once again.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned breaking the silence that had settled, Klaus paused playing with my hair, and I took that as my cue. "You said 'we all had nightmares' what did you mean?"

I felt him stiffen. "You needn't concern yourself with that sweetheart" he resumes twisting my hair lightly.

"You know Damon and Stefan told me you guys were the bad guys, but you aren't that bad" I muttered.

"I assure you, we are" he shifted ever so slightly.

"I see the good in you, and Rebekah, and Elijah, and Kol, you share a bond of family even Stefan and Damon would be jealous of" I tugged lightly on the leather necklace.

"I've been alive a long time love, good people rarely survive" I felt his gaze on me. "Go to sleep little flower"

I drifted off, and for the first time in a long time I didn't have a nightmare concerning Chad, it was just dreamless, and I suspect I have a certain hybrid to thank for that.