Chapter nine

Klaus paced in front of the couch I was seated on, Kol and Elijah leaned against the wall, and Rebekah sat on the other couch.

"How could you not tell us you took medication, we are supposed to be taking care of you Daisy" Klaus ranted, not stopping for a second.

"I haven't taken it since I've been here, I left it at the boarding house" I defended.

"Daisy" Rebekah drew my attention from the stressed soulmate of mine. "Humans take medication for a reason, so if you could tell us what it's for, then maybe we can better understand your reasoning for leaving the medicine behind" she was calm, unlike her brother that was stressing everyone out.

"Niklaus, if you could take a seat, you aren't helping" Elijah requested. Klaus sat on the couch next to Rebekah, the tension in the room lifting a little.

I tried to put my thinking into words. "Growing up, as you guys know, I didn't know who my parents were, which meant I bounced from foster home to foster home. When I was fourteen, I lived with a family who couldn't care less about me, they only wanted the money that came with giving me a roof over my head, I met a guy, he was three years older than I was, and a couple of months into dating, he convinced my foster family to let me live with him" I took a deep breath "my boyfriend at the time, started abusing me, but I didn't have anywhere to go, this kid was from a rich family, who could pay off anyone, and my foster parents couldn't give a crap, I lived that way until I was fifteen and a half" at this point, I stared at the flooring, not wanting to see their faces. "Then I couldn't take it anymore, so I ran away, moved all the way across the country, and I met two brothers. At first I was completely skeptical, but as time went on, I started to trust them, and I moved into their house when they found out I didn't live anywhere" I glanced at the family of four, Klaus and Kol looked like they wanted to snap Chad's head off, Elijah looked angry but managed to keep his cool, and Rebekah looked upset.

"What happened to the boyfriend?" Elijah questioned "did you talk to the authorities?"

I shook my head "no I ran and never looked back"

"So he never received justice?" Klaus asked angrily

"Calm down, anger isn't helping" Rebekah  warned. She stood, marching over to me, and pulling me up into a hug. "Is that why you have medicine?" She asked, not pulling away.

"It's for the nightmares" I said pulling away. "But if I'm being honest, the only time I've never had a nightmare since the whole incident is when Klaus stayed with me" I glanced at the man in question, who looked a little surprised.

"Well it's settled then, you're moving into my room" he stood, shaking off his previous shock, and smiling.

Before I could get a word out, he was already gone. "Did he just-" I asked.

"Yes, have fun with that, but I'm going to sleep" Kol announced, Elijah and Rebekah were soon to follow, leaving me by myself in the living room.

I made my way up the steps, feeling a little nervous. Klaus' room was next to mine, and when I entered, my jaw dropped.

His room was massive, there were beautiful paintings all around, and it smelled like new paint, mixed in with pine. There was an easel in the corner opposite the bed, a desk by the window, and a dresser next to a door that, I think led to the bathroom, on the other side was another door I assumed was the closet.

In between the bed and the easel were two French doors, I could see through the window, there was a balcony, I joined Klaus there, he was gazing up at the sky.

"So" I started, breaking the silence. "I'm just going to move into your room?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You said you didn't have nightmares when you slept next to me right?" I nodded "so in order to sleep, you'll sleep with me" he grinned a dimpled smile.

Curse my weakness, I blushed, which only made him laugh. It wasn't a chuckle, it was a rich laugh, and it made me laugh too.

"I like your laugh" I wanted the ground to swallow me when I said that out loud, I felt my cheeks heat up even more, but Klaus just watched me like he was trying to figure me out.

"Why are you so kind?" He asked suddenly.

"Because I believe everyone deserves a chance, I was warned against you, but if I stayed away, I would've just seen you guys through Damon and Stefan's view, but you want to know what I think?" I answered honestly, when Klaus gave a noise of agreement, I saw a look of vulnerability in his eye. "Elijah is the moral one, but he loves his family and would do anything for them, Rebekah? She's seen as a mean girl who throws tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants, but I see that she loves to tease Kol and jokes around with people. Kol is the crazy one who kills people, but he loves sleep and food, and music, and you? You're portrayed as this evil angry hybrid who doesn't care for anything, but I've seen you with your family, I've seen your passion for art, the pieces around the house? All signed by one Klaus Mikaelson. you guys aren't evil, you all have the capacity for good"

He stepped forward, brushing his knuckle lightly on my cheek. "You're so beautiful" before I could say anything, he leaned forward and kissed me softly, I responded, kissing him back because it felt so good.

Klaus Mikaelson is good.