Chapter eleven

Stefan, Damon and I slept on my bed that night, me in the middle of their hug, this is why I needed my best friends, they knew exactly what I needed when I needed it.

I tried my best to get over Chad, but the things he'd done to me were horrendous, when I left him, I found a doctor who specialized in PTSD, he'd been talking to me, and told me my symptoms were severe, not only would I flinch when someone moved too fast, I'd flinch at loud noises, I'd get panic attacks, nightmares, I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, I lost all interest in anything I used to love, but I met two boys who helped me through it.

They were the light at the end of the tunnel, that's why I trusted them, and why I trust other people.

Someone pounded on the door, I could hear it all the way up in my room, but the boys were still asleep, after my panic attack last night, Damon and Stefan didn't want to leave me by myself, so they stayed.

I ventured down the stairs, in my sweatpants and baggy shirt, opening up the door, I immediately tried to slam it when I saw who it was, my mind going back into its state of panic.

"Damon! Stefan! Help" I tried with all my might to keep the door closed, my legs were shaking, how did he even find me?

The boys sped in front of me just as my legs gave out, Stefan caught me, pulling me away from the door as it slammed into the wall next to it.

I was hyperventilating as Chad stood on the doorstep. He strode into the house like he owned the place, looking around.

Damon looked confused at my reaction, as they'd never seen what that man looked like.

"Who are you?" Stefan demanded.

"Chad, I've come to collect what's mine" he growled out.

"Wait" Damon glanced at me "Chad? As in Chad Chad?" I nodded, Stefan just pulled me closer, shielding me away from the crazy ex, but also comforting me at the same time.

"You see I've been watching your little bunch, and I've come across some very disturbing stuff" Chad snarled. "Not only has my girlfriend been sleeping around, but she's playing at least five guys, and I've come to take her off your hands" he grinned, my head spun at his accusations, and I buried my head in Stefan's chest, terrified Chad would actually succeed.

"A, she's not your girlfriend. She left you, get over it, B, she's not going anywhere, and C, you make accusations against my best friend like that again and I'll rip your head off" Damon replied angrily

"She's property, and if you don't hand her over, I'll call my cop friends and have you arrested and thrown in jail" he threatened smugly.

"Go ahead, I really couldn't care less what you do, just stay away from Daisy, and we won't have a problem" Stefan spoke angrily.

"I'll just call my sheriff friend who has jurisdiction over this town, unlike your little friends, and have her escort your ugly face out of this town" Damon smirked.

"You watch your back, I'll get her one day" he stormed out of the house, and my knees weakened, Stefan had to hold me up, because my body was physically giving out.

"Hey, look at me" Stefan urged "he's never going to lay a hand on you, okay? You are going to be safe, Damon and I won't let him near you"

I nodded, not trusting my voice, Damon looked torn between going and killing that guy or comforting me.

"Hey, I'm going to go talk to Liz, get him thrown in jail, and you'll never see his face again" Damon stepped forward, and I moved from Stefan to Damon.

"Promise me you won't get hurt" I muttered trying to stop myself from having a panic attack while reassuring myself that Damon is gonna be okay.

"I'm an immortal vampire remember" he kissed my head. "Liz is going to help okay, you stay with Stefan and eat ice cream until I get back" I nodded, letting myself be moved back to Stefan.

He helped me walk to the kitchen, while I heard Damon leave, everything's going to be okay, Stefan is going to protect me.

The remaining brother, helped me sit on a stool at the breakfast bar, before going to the cabinet, and getting my medicine, followed by a glass, which I took while he pulled out an ice cream tub, full of my favorite vanilla flavor.

Stefan served mine in a big bowl, getting a smaller one for himself, only leaving the room for a minute, for what I assume is the tv room.

He came back for me, pulling me into a hug, before gently guiding me toward the comfy chairs where our ice cream sat.

"You're going to be okay Daisy" he reassured, laying my favorite fuzzy blanket on top of the two of us, turning on my favorite show.

The best thing for me was to get myself out of my own head, because if I can think, I can panic, and that's a whole other can of worms.

Stefan and I watched for a few hours, before I heard the front door open, I subtly gripped Stefan's arm, only relaxing when I saw Damon.

"Okay, so" he started after we paused the show, Damon leaned his elbows against the back of the couch that was facing the doorway. "Liz said she could do more if Daisy was willing to come forward, and we could take next steps after that, personally I want to just kill the guy, but that's better than he deserves, so jail time for the human" Damon looked at me cautiously.

"And if I do come forward, he goes away for what he did?" I asked

"Yes, Stefan and I could testify as witnesses, and your doctor that diagnosed you would also do so, we just need to head down to the police station" I nodded, understanding.

"When can we go?" As much as I didn't want to face him, I wanted justice. For me and every girl he treated this way.

"When you're ready" Stefan rubbed my arm.

"Can we do it today? Go down and talk to the sheriff?" I looked between the two brothers.

"Whatever you want is what we'll do" Damon smiled at me.

"Let's do it"