Chapter thirteen

I knocked on the door taking a deep breath, Rebekah had convinced me to give Klaus another chance, so that's what I'm going to do.

Elijah answered the door, smiling at me. "Daisy, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I was wondering if Klaus was here?" I stood slightly awkward, while Elijah just nodded before turning and going to find his brother.

Klaus walked to the door, he had bags under his eyes, and he looked so sad. It made my heart break seeing him like that.

He was paying attention more to Elijah, but when he saw me, his entire face lit up. "Daisy"

"Hey, can we maybe go for a walk?" I asked, hoping he would.

"Yes" he replied closing the door behind him, I caught Elijah smiling before it shut, and all I could do was laugh. "What's that for love?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing" I gestured for us to start, turning and walking. It was a little quiet for a few minutes before he finally said something.

"I'm sorry for what I've done" he was being so sincere, and he looked a little nervous.

"Klaus, I forgive you" his face brightened, and he had a large grin on his face. "But if we're going to try to be soulmates" I began. "We need to set some ground rules"

He gave a nod " what would those be?" He walked with his hands behind his back, but his body language told how happy he was now, a drastic change to when I saw him at the door.

"Well, I'm going to stay at the Salvatores for a while, date nights and getting to know each other, warming up to the whole trust thing again okay?" I tucked some hair behind my ear.

Klaus stepped in front of me, successfully stopping us "For you little flower, I would wait for eternity to gain your trust" He made me smile, grabbing my hand gently and slowly, making every move he made clear, and lightly kissed my knuckle. "For you, I would go to the ends of the earth for your forgiveness, and if it takes living with your best friends for you to let me be in your life, I will gladly take it"

My stomach erupted in butterflies, my heart beating fast because Klaus was here, he was my soulmate, and he really did care.

"I want to make us work, so why don't we start over, hi, my name is Daisy Scott" I held a hand out toward the hyrbid.

"Klaus Mikaelson" he shook my hand, giving me a small smile.

...

I rushed around, putting the finishing touches on my outfit, all Klaus said was that I needed to dress casually for where we were going, but wasn't so forthcoming on the where.

"Where are you going this fine evening?" Damon raised an eyebrow as he leaned on the door frame. "Last time you were this frantic, you moved in with the Mikaelsons"

"I've got a date in ten minutes and I can't find my phone" I panicked.

"Did you check your hand?" He smiled.

I laughed "I mean obvious... are you kidding me?" I dropped my head angrily, I had been using it for a flashlight to look for my phone.

"Nervous?" He asked

"Yes! The man is..." my soulmate, but of course Damon didn't know who my soulmate was, but I think he had his suspicions "someone both my best friends hate" I finished.

"Mhm" Damon shrugged, agreeing

"Damon?" Elena called from downstairs

"Duty calls" he turned to leave, but stopped and turned back around. "And you look beautiful" he stated, continuing down the stairs.

I grabbed my wallet off the bed, sliding my phone into my back pocket, before walking down the hallway, then down the stairs.

A knock sounded on our door, and I could see a head full of blonde curly hair through the glass on top. "Hi" I greeted after opening the door.

"You look ravishing sweetheart" he complimented, making me blush.

"Not so bad yourself" I replied, internally slapping my forehead, ugh why am I like this?

"Not to interrupt" I heard Stefan behind me. "But you hurt her again, and it won't matter if you're immortal" I rolled my eyes playfully at his protectiveness, he only did it because he cared.

"Completely understand, but I can assure you it won't happen" Klaus replied confidently. "You ready to go little flower?"

"Yes" I grinned, waving at the boys and Elena, and shutting the door. We walked down the path to his car. "So where are we going?" I asked, getting into the passenger side.

"You'll see love" he smirked, pulling out of the driveway, he gently took my hand, brushing his lips against my knuckles.