Chapter tweleve

Liz Forbes sat in her desk chair, Stefan sat beside me in the second chair, while Damon stood behind me, his hands on my shoulders in a comforting gesture.

"It's come to my attention that you want to press charges against this Chad character?" She asked, smiling kindly.

I nodded "he showed up at my house, and tried to threaten us, and demanded he could take me"

"He acted like she was his property" Damon told angrily, Stefan squeezed my hand.

"Alright, what has Chad done? It would be helpful in your case against him" the Sheriff glanced at a pacing Damon.

"He abused me, mentally and physically, for about a year and a half" I relied, feeling my hands start to shake.

"Where were your parents? Anyone who could be a witness"

"My foster parents let him take me to his apartment and live there, he told his neighbors or anyone who was decent enough to help, that I was just extremely clumsy, and he always made sure to hit me in places I could cover, some of his friends knew exactly what he was doing, and egged him on, even lying to him about stuff I did to make him angry"

"Okay, first I'm going to need names, we can go after your foster parents, Chad's friends who let you be abused, and Chad himself, we'll get this guy" she nodded at me.

"We can step forward? As her primary caregivers, and her doctor who diagnosed and gives medicine can also step forward?" Stefan asked.

The sheriff nodded. "We can take this to court, get these people put away"

Stefan noticed my obvious anxiety, and turned to Liz. "How about I take care of Daisy, and you guys work out what you need from her" he quickly pulled me up and out of the room, tugging me into another hug.

"You're okay" he spoke "you aren't with him, you're safe" I took deep grounding breaths, counting them out.

"I'm safe" I whispered.

"Stefan" I heard an all too familiar voice, which made me bury my face into Stefan's chest. "What's going on?"

"Klaus you need to leave" I heard Damon demand, he must have come out at the sound of the hyrbid's voice.

"Do you know what you've done? Rebekah brought her to our house, and she was panicking, you were supposed to protect her, but you hurt her" Stefan spoke, holding me away from Klaus' vision protectively.

"It was an accident" Klaus sounded so vulnerable. "I didn't mean to-"

"Just leave" Damon interrupted "you've done enough damage" I didn't move until I heard footsteps walking away from us.

"Hey" Stefan pulled away slightly "you okay?" He asked, concern in his eyes.

I nodded hesitantly, but hearing Klaus' voice made me feel sad, the soulmate bond was pulling us toward the other.

"I'm okay, can we go home?" Stefan nodded, walking with me tucked into his side.

...

A knock sounded on the door, making us pause the movie we were in the middle of, Stefan volunteered since I was currently cuddled with Damon.

It's been about a week since we'd been at the police station, and we've just been eating ice cream and watching distraction movies, so right now I think I'm okay.

I heard a voice from the door, causing me to lift my head off Damon's shoulder.

"Daisy, you've been locked away, so I'm stealing you for a shopping trip" the blonde haired original said excitedly.