Chapter ten

The sun shone through the French doors, waking me up, an arm tightened on my waist, Klaus was holding me close in his sleep.

I looked at his face, but his eyebrows were knit together, he looked upset, I didn't know what would happen if I woke the sleeping hybrid, so I just looked around the room, before my gaze eventually settled back on Klaus.

He was handsome, I had to give him that, and he did have some good in him, for some reason though, he hated showing that side of him.

When he let out a soft whimper, that's when I decided to act, gently I moved, even though he had a death grip on my waist.

"Klaus" I shook him slightly, his eyes popped open, and he shoved me against the wall, his hand on my neck.

He looked so angry in that moment, when he realized he was cutting off my air supply, it seemed to snap him out of wherever he was, he backed away, running a hand through his hair.

I fell to the floor, coughing loudly as my lungs scrambled to fill as fast as possible. Klaus pulled me up, looking at my face.

"I'm sorry" he apologized, he pulled me to his chest, hugging me close to him, but I didn't know if I wanted him to be, he did just cut off my air supply. "I never meant to hurt you little flower"

Slowly, I pulled away, I saw his panic, but what I needed in that moment was my best friends. "I-I need" I took a deep breath, trying to sound less raspy.

The door slammed open, Rebekah storming into the room. "What is going on in here" she demanded, upon seeing my upset state, and Klaus looking guilty, she sped to me and placed herself between me and her brother. "You will not touch her again Nik" she said sternly.

He tried to step forward, and I backed up "Klaus please" I hated how sad I sounded, flashbacks of Chad making their presence known, my hands started to shake.

The hybrid sped out of the room, leaving me with his sister. "Are you alright?" She asked, when she saw I was still clutching my neck, she gently removed my hands and frowned. "Daisy" she said suddenly, startling me. "Look at me darling" I hesitantly met her gaze. "You don't just have nightmares do you?" Her eyes softened when mine filled with tears.

"C-can I go see Stefan and Damon?" I begged, they helped me deal with my anxiety, they were the ones who made sure I was taking my medicine, the ones who held me when I panicked and calmed me after a nightmare. I needed them right now.

"Absolutely, whatever you need" she pulled me gently out to her car, pushing me in, and I put my seatbelt on.

When we arrived at the Salvatore house, Rebekah pulled me out of car, and to the front door, pounding on it.

Damon answered, looking annoyed, but upon seeing my distress, immediately he faltered. "What happened to Daisy?" He demanded.

"I don't know, I think Klaus hurt her, but she wanted to be here and that's what I gave her" he nodded, knowing exactly why I was acting this way.

"I'll call Bonnie, see what she can do about the skin contact thing, and then we'll help you okay?" He spoke, I nodded, and Rebekah led me inside, setting me on the couch while she went to go talk to my best friend.

Ten minutes later, Bonnie showed up with an old looking book, I sat were Rebekah had put me, clutching my folded up legs, while Stefan and Damon paced.

"What's going on Bonnie" Damon demanded, looking stressed.

"I think I found something!" She exclaimed, ignoring Damon, the brothers walked behind her, reading the book over her shoulders. "I was looking through a grimoire I found in the attic. A soulmate mark, that's what she's got, until the two soulmates have joined their bond, she can't touch another male, but it looks like I can kind of mute it for a while, at least so you guys can help, it's for emergencies"

"How long?" Stefan asked worriedly.

"A month? Maybe two?" She glanced up at the two, who nodded at her. "Okay I need to gather some herbs, I'll be back in a few minutes" she rushed off.

Stefan came, squatting down in front of me, being careful not to touch my skin. "How're you holding up?" His eyebrows knit together.

"I was so scared" my eyes watered "a-and then I-I got flashbacks"

"I'm gonna find a way to kill that monster" if Damon was referencing to Chad or Klaus, I couldn't tell the difference.

"Did you take your medicine?" Stefan asked, glancing at his older brother, when I shook my head, Damon left, coming back seconds later with water and two pills.

I took them gratefully, Bonnie barged into the house, her arms full of different jars and a bowl.

While she prepared her concoction, I watched, finally she poured some of the green looking liquid into my used water cup, and giving it to me. "This spell should last, but if you start to feel like your skin is on fire, call me immediately, and I'll come make you some new stuff" I nodded, standing up and pulling her into a hug.

"Thanks Bonnie" I muttered, pulling away and downing the fowl tasting thing in one go. My skin started to tingle, and my heart started to hurt before I started to feel better.

Glancing at my wrist, I saw that the letters had dulled into a light grey, unlike the obsidian color they'd been before.

I held my hand out to Damon who was the closest, and he hesitantly dropped his onto mine. When I didn't feel anything, I ran forward, hugging him.

He held me tight, and I saw Stefan give Bonnie a thankful nod, she respectfully left, and I burst into tears.

"Hey, just let it all out, you're going to be okay, you are safe" Damon comforted, rubbing my back.