Prologue

Long ago, evil ran rampant. Demons stalked villages, plucking villagers off one by one, leaving no sense of safety. Every day villagers cried out to the sky, begging for their suffering to end but no help came for most. Many villages built walls to keep the demons out, changing these villages into fortresses.

Distrust and tension grew between neighbors, between villages; no one could tell who was man and who was beast. Many stayed indoors, not daring to open the door; not wanting to risk letting the evil in. Most though all hope was lost.

One day, while a farmer was cautiously tilling his fields on the outskirts of the village, he unearthed a rare gem. This gem was as pale as the moon and no bigger than the palm of his hand. He turned the gem over and over, intrigued by his discovery. He had never seen a gem this magnificent. The man pocketed the gem and continued his work.

That night, the farmer laid the stone on the table. Moon light poured through the window, giving the stone an eerie glow. The man, noticing this, took the gem outside. He was so engrossed by the gem's reaction to the moon, he did not notice a lone demon approach. As the demon grew closer, the stone grew brighter. When the demon was within striking distance, the stone grew so bright, It blinded the farmer. While the farmer shielded his eyes. The stone transformed into a staff, the Moon Stone, now in half, shining from both ends of the staff. Out of pure instinct, the man swung the staff at the demon. The demon let out a screech as it turned to ash. The farmer, still clutching the staff, watched as his field began to shimmer and change into a room.

The farmer began to panic. He had never seen this room and he had just been transported from his own fields. He looked down at the staff he now held; he also noticed that his clothing had changed from his simple farm clothes to an intricate ninja gi.

"You are our only hope," boomed a strange voice. "Only you can purge this land from demons. You are the only one who can wield the Staff of Light."

"But how?" the farmer asked, "And where am I?"

"This is the Great Library and you can purge the land with the Staff of Light. Contained in the staff is the Moon Stone. The Moon Stone is the only thing that can defeat the demons."

"But I am just a simple farmer. I have no training."

"The Staff of Light has already begun to give you the knowledge you need; how to fight and lore on demons themselves, for there are many types that must be destroyed."

The farmer was comforted with the knowledge that he could fight back. He set out to fulfill his mission. He became the first Purple Ninja; traveling the realms, defending all humans from the destruction of demons. Once the demons were defeated, the farmer returned to the Great Library. He never returned to his farm for he feared the threat of demons would rise again.

Soon the farmer passed away and a new ninja was needed. The Staff of Light again transformed into a stone for the new ninja to be chosen. The Moon Stone has done this for many generations, seeking out the right person from across the realms, never allowing the position to be open. The Purple Ninja works in the shadows, working hard to prevent the dark times of the past from happening again.