| 8 |

september 29th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

"WEBSTER!"
"catherine!"
"HEY! CATH!"

cath, who was walking across the courtyard, turned around to see the source of the familiar voice that was calling out for her. in a not so shocking discovery she realized that it was two of the very same boys who she had just been informed would be kicked out of their dorm tonight.

"lila can't come into our dorm tonight."
james said bluntly, wasting no time with pleasantries, while a nervous looking peter nodded at his statement. she still hadn't figured out just why he was so nervous around her but she brushed it off regardless.

"it just can't happen."
"well hello to you too, but why not?" cath asked, cocking her head to one side almost patronizingly, just as lila had done to her not even half an hour ago.

'i wonder how they found me so fast'
'must've been stalking evans' she thought to herself.'

peter began to speak this time, avoiding her gaze in favor of staring at his shoes.
"well you see, remus is-"
james, who looked quite worried that peter was going to say something he really wasn't supposed to, quickly cut him off.
"remus isn't well, that's all! poor bloke came down with a cold. dreadful thing really, lots of tissues."

a lightbulb went off over cath's head when she realized remus hadn't been in any of there classes today. she wasn't specifically looking out for the boy but she did definitely note his absence from potions, d.a.d.a, and divination.

"merlin, that must be some cold. he wasn't in any of our classes today. this is why he wasn't there, am i right?"
james broke out into a boyish grin, seemingly forgetting that the point of there conversation was for him to be firm enough to convince her that they couldn't be kicked out of their dorm.
"ah-" he quickly snaked his arm around her shoulder and began to walk her across the courtyard, a timid peter trotting along behind them.
"-so you notice when moony isn't there, how interesting? you know, i would notice when evans isn't in class, if she wasn't always in class that is."
cath, picking up on what he was implying, shook him off of her, "shut up potter."
"he-" she cut him off.
"anyways, it doesn't matter if remus, or anyone else for that matter, is literally dying in your dorm room, lila and sirius aren't coming into mine." she said before walking off.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

cath was almost completely sure that she knew the boys would most definitely find her again, continuing to insist that she 'had to give up her room', but until they finally did she was perfectly content to take the time to start on her potions essay in the gryfindor common room.

"did i miss much in class?"
cath jumped up letting out an audible gasp before turning to see that it was just remus lupin who stood behind her.
"merlin, you're gonna kill me if you keep that up. i'm gonna have a cardiac!" she paused, trying to catch her breath again, and while she did so she let her eyes make quick work of his face.

'i've never seen a cold that makes you look like that.'

he didn't look like he had just came down with something, he looked as if he'd been attacked. she opened her mouth to ask him about it but decided that it was best answer his question first.

"you didn't miss much, slughorn talked about the same potion the entire class, i'm pretty sure.  i don't really remember what it was though, it's so damn hard to stay awake when he talks." remus laughed a little "also, forgive me for how blunt this is but you seriously look like hell man, i mean james said you had a cold but..."
remus' eyes got wide for second and his posture stiffened before he responded.
"sirius and i were out in the forbidden forest last night, i fell over some branches, that's why i look like this. i just also happen to have a cold."

cath shrugged at his answer, not sure what she was expecting him to say in the first place.
"huh, crazy coincidence. anyways-" she looked him in the eyes, discarding we quill and parchment in favor of their conversation.
"i suppose you're here about lila and sirius? and how they're absolutely not stepping foot in my dorm? am i right?"
"yes, and-" remus held up his hand as if to tell her to 'just let me finish'.
"before you cut me off i just want to say that i don't want lila and sirius to shag in your dorm room but i clearly look like hell as you so sweetly informed me, so i think you're going to have to deal with it tonight. after all, isn't it the girl code to do this?"
"what would you know about a girl code remus? is there something your hiding from me?"
cath let a devilish grin spread across her face.
"is that why you feel sick lupin? is it your time of month?" she mocked as he looked down and shook his head, he seemed to think he joke was funnier than it actually as and she wasn't sure why.
"still though, girl code or not, sick or not, it's still not happening."
remus rolled his eyes and gave a defeated smile, it seemed like he already knew what the outcome of the situation would be.
"ok then. but just so you know you're kicking a wounded man out of house and home."

mentally cath added to her quick list about the mauraders, the one she had started back on the platform:

'remus lupin: funnier than he looks.'

she laughed before turning back to the potions essay that sat before her. as she heard remus walk away she called out:
"i'm not kicking you out of house and home, you can blame black for that one."
again she heard him laugh, a sound she was really coming to enjoy.