| 18 |

november 28th, 1976

november 28th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

catherine has never been big on relationships, her mother, on the other hand, very much so was.

though her parents marriage had never been ideal or very loving it was certainly smart. both her mother and father knew exactly what they were doing when they tied the knot and they expected both cath and her brother to make the same sort of decision.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

her first real boyfriend was scott hemmings, a pureblood who's mother attended business with the coven. he was quite bland to say the least but his linage was pure enough to match cath's without outshining it, making him the perfect son in law in her mother's eyes.

it wasn't like scott had been awful to her or anything, quite the contrary actually. he was a little too nice, and he was just about the most boring person cath had ever talked to. he was nothing more than a pretty face, with his dark skin and piercing eyes, he was the kind of attractive only someone with no personality could be.

they had dated for almost a year, breaking up just before cath planned on moving. in the time between scott and her trip across the pond cath had gotten a chance to play the field, no strings attached, which she soon realized wasn't her thing.

in 16 years she hadn't found someone who both pleased her mother and kept her interest and she had just about giving up on looking, but she had now begun to think that maybe she could just settle for someone who checked just one of the two boxes...

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

cath looked down at the mirror laid in front of her, occasionally glancing back to remus' empty seat in the divination class room.

"-the art of catoptromancy is..."

she had absolutely no idea what was going on, no matter how hard she tried to pay attention she could only grab just about every tenth word professor trelawney would say and she most definitely had no clue why there was a mirror in front of her.

all she could think about was remus.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

kick

'what if he's hurt-'

kick

'maybe i could visit him in-'

kick

'would he thi-'