| 15 |

november 5th, 1976

november 5th, 1976

*˚・゚✧*・゚*˚・゚✧*・゚* *˚・゚✧*・゚*˚・゚✧*

excluding a brief conversation on the topic of lycanthropy remus and cath had began to grow closer and closer. no longer were they just seeing each other on accident or because of class or their respective friends, now they were just legitimately hanging out. cath really enjoyed remus' company, it was different than what she got with lila or lily or even anita and everett. it felt special in a way that nothing else quite did. though, as remus and catherine got closer she did have to deal with the rest of the mauraders, who didn't seem to like sharing, saying that she had 'stole moony from them' but that was most certainly something she could put up with.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

now, more often than not, when she was free she would find herself in the library talking to remus about really anything, her parents, no maj music, or, most often, no maj books. books are what really brought the two together. they had similar tastes and had made a habit of swapping novels with each other, leaving little notes in the margins, something anita had described as 'disgustingly sweet' and 'totally swoon worthy' when cath had mentioned it to her.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

"i think you're really going to like this, i know it's long but it doesn't start off too slow so it's pretty easy to get into."
cath handed the boy in front of her a clearly well loved copy of stephen king's 'the stand'*. he took it with a smile as cath wrung her hands. he didn't yet have another novel for her, seeing as she still hadn't finished 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest' so she wasn't quite sure what to do while it flipped through the books many pages.
"damn, that's long cath." he laughed while fingering through the pages, letting his eyes scan over certain paragraphs.
"i know. i read it on and off for about a year when i didn't want to pay attention in my 'history of voodoo magic' class. i-" she stopped herself.
"you know, i feel like i always talk about myself."
"well you are objectively more interesting, and you do have more things to talk about."
she hit his arm playfully, "shut up lupin, you are so interesting! that's it, we're totally just talking about you now...".

for the next 15 minutes cath asked remus the most mundane questions because she 'really just wanted to know him'. starting with 'what's your favorite color?' (blue, it had been since he was little.) she tried to cover all of the generic 'get to know you' bases like she was speed dating the poor boy which kept remus laughing consistently, up until she gently ran a finger across one of his scars that is.

"what about these? there's sure to be a story there."

quickly, he removed her hand and stood up, mumbling something about dogs and being clumsy before leaving the library in a panicked hurry. cath frowned at the boy who was now just a figure in the distance, she really hadn't meant to upset him, she was just curious.

maybe a little too curious, but still curious none the less.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

november 6th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

"hey! lupin!"

cath jogged through the crowded hallway in order to catch up to remus, once she did she struggled to match his quick pace and long strides.

'is he avoiding me?'

it was the first time the two were talking since their incident in library and she wanted to clear the air. if he was avoiding her he was doing a damn good job at it seeing as she hadn't seen him once since he left the library the other day except for when her entered the divination room.

"hey, i'm really sorry if that was a sore subject, i really didn't mean any harm by it. honestly, i was just curious."
remus' pace slowed down before he responded with a soft 'i know', avoiding her gaze in favor of staring out straight ahead of them.

"so are we good? no hard feelings?"
remus looked over at her, a light smile dusting his facets he did so.
"yeah, no hard feelings." cath smiled in return and the two veered off in different directions in order to get to their next class.

'i wonder what's up with him? there has to be a reason he's so touchy with them, maybe-'

'no.'

cath decided it was best to simply focus on getting to transfiguration instead of jumping to conclusions, especially conclusions like the ones that were dancing in her mind right now.

* 'the stand' by stephen king was *actually* released in '78 so the timing doesn't add up by i'm considering this a ~creative liberty~ because i couldn't think of another book that could take its spot.