| 21 |

december 20th, 1976

december 20th, 1976

*˚・゚✧*・゚*˚・゚✧*・゚* *˚・゚✧*・゚*˚・゚✧*

by the time catherine had got off the hogwarts express to meet her aunt on the platform she had fully given up on the idea of remus lupin having any sort of feelings for her. despite all of his odd behavior and the time they had spent together it ultimately amounted to nothing more than just a friendship, much to cath's dismay. in her eyes, talking to her about what they were before she left for break just seemed so obvious but their actual conversation has been something more along the lines of:

"have a good holiday."
"yeah, you too. see you when we get back."
"yeah, see you."

things had been so tense between the two and it was driving her absolutely mad, but she wasn't planning on letting a silly boy ruin her first trip home after the move.

she had much bigger things to focus on than remus lupin.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

"catherine!! oh come here sweet girl!"
her aunt ran up and embraced her as she got closer to the spot she stood at on the platform.
"aunt clara." cath smiled warmly in return, letting herself melt into the hug.

clara webster was much kinder than her sister in most conceivable ways, even down to the way she looked. while othellas features were sharp, gaunt, and striking claras were soft, round, and demure, while othella had belonged to the noble horned serpent house, clara was a much kinder pukwudgie. clara was also much sweeter to cath than her own mother was but she did realize that clara was allowed to be nicer than her mother, after all, aunt clara didn't have to make sure she upheld the family name.

when she was younger cath would often fantasize about what things would be like if clara was her mother rather than her aunt but as she got older she began to realize that they wouldn't really end up being all that different. yes, her upbringing probably would've been a bit warmer but her aunt and mother were still the same in many ways, they shared the same values and the same idea of legacy. essentially, clara was just a sugar coated version of her mother. this, of course, didn't mean that catherine cherished her aunt any less though, and in her mind clara would always be the superior webster sister.

"we have so much to catch up on!! i've missed you terribly catherine, and your mother has too though i doubt she'd admit it." she said chuckling a little.
"now-"
her aunt began talkings the two ladies made their way off the platform.
"-i'm sure you have so very much to tell me about, this has to have been all so very interesting."

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

cath hated traveling by portkey, but it was undoubtedly the most effective way for her to now go back and forth from her mother's to her father's.