| 11 |

october 5th, 1976

october 5th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

lily-pad"
"lily-flower"
"lily-"

'godric, he never seems to run out of pet names does he? it's insufferable. never before have i felt this bad for someone who's just being flirted with.'

cath couldn't help but to listen to james potter unsuccessfully and quite aggressively flirt with her study buddy lily evans. the pair had came to library to revise for potions but as soon as cath got up to find a book james swooped in. she assumed that he was most likely only in the library with the express purpose of courting evans to begin with seeing as the only 'maurader' she had ever seen use the library for its intended purpose was remus, who, once she looked around for him enough, was nowhere to be seen.

james caught on quite quickly to the fact that cath was looking for someone so he too looked around the library a few times before realizing just who she was looking for.

"moonys helping pads write his charms essay" james said casually, smirking ever so slightly as he did.

'pity. he would make potters flirting almost bearable.'

"ouch webster, oh how you wound me."
james threw his hand over his heart dramatically before returning his attention to a very annoyed lily. cath just blinked in response to the boy, embarrassed that she was searching so obviously that james picked up on it and wondering how she hadn't realized she was thinking out loud.

'i really have to work on that.'

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

it had taken james what felt like an eternity to leave the two girls, specifically lily, alone. he had only left after trying, and failing, to bargain out a date with lily, at some point he finally gave up and sulked off presumably to find his friends.

"so, potions, right? where were we?"
"no no no, we have something to talk about." lily taunted, wiggling her shoulders suggestively as she spoke.
"so? why're you so interested in remus all of a sudden?" she asked with a smirk.
cath rolled her eyes at the other girls question.
"no lily. it's not like that, he was just supposed to talk to sirius for me. that's all."
"oh,-" she sounded disappointed in the answer but perked up when she realized that maybe it wasn't remus she was interested in, maybe it was sirius.
"-well what exactly were they supposed to talk about?"
"lila." cath replied simply.
"ohh." lily shook her head, clearly understanding what she meant. cath wasn't sure if her red headed friend still thought there was something more going on but she did know that she, along with every other girl in gryfindor, understood how awful lila was right now.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

october 6th, 1976

*˚・゚✧*・゚*˚・゚✧*・゚* *˚・゚✧*・゚*˚・゚✧*

remus lupin very carefully made his way to cath's seat in divination, making sure to approach her from the front and to not catch her off guard.
"i tried not to scare you this time-" the boy said bashfully when cath looked up to see him, rubbing the back of his neck he continued: "james said you were looking for me yesterday, i figured it was about sirius-" cath nodded before he went on.
"-i talked to him like i said. i think he's going to talk to lila about... something? i'm not quite sure on what he said, it was something about 'knowing how women work' point is he's got it handled."
cath smiled in response, happy to know that black was good for something.
"thanks remus, lilas been a real bitch." the tall boy laughed again before walking away.

'that wasn't even a joke, he sure does-'

"he sure does laugh a lot cath, i guess you're just a regular comedian or maybe he's just trying to get in your pants." anita said as she sat down, snickering at her own joke.
"nah, who am i kidding, lupin isn't the type of bloke to do that, he's too... too...-"
"remus?"
"yes!!" anita beamed "too remus! not that that's a bad thing. i mean he seems like just enough remus for you, if you catch my drift."

"oh, piss off hays."