| 9 |

september 29th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

"CATHERINE!!"

cath heard lila coming as soon as she set foot in the girls dormitory, her name was being echoed through the halls as lila made her way to their room. carefully she closed her book, making sure not to loose the place, as she waited for lila to storm into her currently quite peaceful and sex free dorm room.

"YOU BITCH!"
"how could you do this!!"
"whatever do you mean?" cath responded, deciding that maybe a little humor would diffuse the situation best.

cath, of course, knew exactly what her outraged friend meant. she had expected a full out temper tantrum when lila found out that she couldn't use the room but she was banking that the blondes rage would be spread across across all of her dorm mates, which would include lillian codde and veronica myrtle, instead of just her. lillian and ronnie however were smart enough to avoid their room after cath had told them about lila, apparently she was known for her 'outbursts' and after six years lillian and ronnie just couldn't be bothered to handle it anymore.

"you know exactly what i mean!!" lila said while storming over to cath's bed, throwing her book off in the process. cath sword that she could practically see smoke coming out of the other girls ears as she spoke.
"e-x-a-c-t-l-y, EXACTLY!"
"wel-"
"you know sirius said even remus talked to you about it. remus!! i thought you liked remus!!
"i do n-"
"and he's SICK cath, have you no pity for a dying man?"
"he's not dying." cath replied dryly "and this isn't about remus being sick, it's about  you kicking us out of our dorm room!"
she said laying back on her bed. she used one of her free hands to poke at lila between words though her hand was quickly swatted away.
"merlin cath-"
lila back next to cath, throwing herself down as she did so. eventually after more catty fighting lila looked over.

"you're just like them you know, lillian and ronnie i mean, like-"
lila narrowed her eyes and brought down her brows as she spoke.
"-you guys never let me have any fun!!" she pouted dramatically. she seemed to have calmed down now and was content with just constant whining. cath wasn't complaining though, she much preferred her friends whines over being yelled at from a hall away.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

october 5th, 1976

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*

the week following the 'dorm incident', as lila had begun  calling it, consisted of some particularly lonely mornings, devoid of lilas vague ramblings.

as it turns out lila was right about sirius eyeing up marlene and she had begun skipping breakfast in order to avoid the two. instead of accompanying cath to their morning meal instead she would beg to have food brought to her in their dorm, at first cath (as well as lillian and ronnie) had refused but after finding out that she was right about having to her lila complain about sirius and marlene all the time she realized bringing lila breakfast was one way to shut her up.

cath had tried everything to cheer up lila, who had said she was now swearing off blokes for good (though lillian informed her that ~everytime~ lila got dumped she swore of guys), but nothing seemed to be working. her roommates insisted that lila just needed a week to mope before she back on the market but catherine was determined to speed up that process, mostly just so she could stop hearing her bitch and having to bring her breakfast back though.

after a week or so of dealing with a teenage girls tale of heartbreak she decided she couldn't take anymore of it, so if lila wasn't going to do anything about it she would.

one morning, before squeezing in beside lily evans (who had kindly started offering up her seat when lila stopped coming to breakfast) she had a bone to pick with a one mr. sirius black, mr sirius black, however, was for some reason not currently present for her to pick said bone with.

"HEY!" she called out to james, remus, and peter, the only mauraders she could currently converse with, as she approached the gryfindor table. she had worked herself up leaving her dorm trying to figure out what he had to say to lila to get her back to normal and she was almost disappointed when she didn't see him.
"where's black?"

james was the first to respond, giggling like a school girl as he did so.
"he's with marleneeeee" he said, dragging out the e.
"he's probably not coming down, he seemed... a bit busy when we left." remus added chuckling slightly.
"oh. well damn." cath furrowed her brow and sighed, "i got all worked up for nothing."
james giggled again, presumably at her accent this time as he tried to mimic what she said by wrapping his mouth around her words.
"do me a favor then? tell him that i need to see him." she said with a shrug as she turned away.
quickly though she twisted back around to look at the boys again, realizing that she had something else to say.
"you look good by the way lupin, you know like better, not nearly as rough." and with that she walked back to her seat next to lily evans. she had turned just in time to miss the light dusting of blush that began to cover remus' face that his friends were sure to point out as they pitched up their voices to mock him about 'how good he looked'.