Chapter 7: Boast Busters

(Y/N), and Spike were in the Golden Oak Library helping Twilight improve her magic while Spike is standing opposite of Twilight.

(Y/N): You've got this, Twilight.

Spike: Come on, Twilight. You can do it!

Twilight Sparkle: Okay, here goes.

Twilight concentrated her magic through her horn and aimed it at Spike and then. . .

*POOF*

Spike now had a fancy mustache on his face.

Spike: Ha ha! You did it!

Spike runs over to a list with magic spells on it and checks off the same spell that Twilight just did.

Spike: Growing magic, that's number twenty-five. Twenty-five different types of tricks and counting.

(Y/N): Nice job Twilight! Making facial hair on somepony. . . well in this case dragon, is a pretty advanced spell. You definitely have a huge talent in magic.

Twilight blushed a little at (Y/N)'s compliment.

Spike: And I think this is the best spell so far.

Spike then goes to a mirror and admires his new mustache.

Spike: Hello, Rarity. What's that? Aw, it's nothin', just my awesome mustache.

(Y/N) gave Spike a judgmental look while rolling his eyes.

(Y/N): Spike, I don't think having a mustache would make Rarity fall for you.

Twilight Sparkle: And as attractive and enticing as you look, it's just for practice, and it's gotta go.

Spike: No! Wait!

Twilight then makes the mustache on Spike disappear disappointing the dragon.

Spike: Aw, rats!

Twilight Sparkle: Sorry Spike, but that's just how it's gotta be. Anyways, (Y/N) you said that your a master at combat spells right?

(Y/N): Yeah, why?

Twilight Sparkle: I was wondering if you could show me one. I mean you were able to survive Nightmare Moon and you read a lot about combat when it comes to magic show I wanted to see a demonstration.

(Y/N): Hmm. . . well I can do this.

(Y/N) then projects a magic barrier with his magic surprising Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle: Whoa! I've never used a spell like this before!

Twilight walks over to (Y/N)'s barrier and touches to feel the extremely hard mass it has.

(Y/N): Surprised huh? I can even do THIS!

(Y/N) then puts some magic energy into his hoof and punches the barrier he just made, making a tiny smoke explosion. Both Twilight and Spike were shocked by (Y/N)'s knowledge of combat spells. Twilight then runs up to (Y/N) with her eyes twinkling with a huge smile on her face.

Twilight Sparkle: You've got to teach me those spells (Y/N)! Please! Please! Please!

Twilight was up in (Y/N)'s face at this point as he was blushing.

(Y/N): S-Sure. Of course, where should we start?

(Y/N) spent an hour teaching Twilight some of the magic spells that he can do and now they're walking across Ponyville together with Twilight a tiny bit exhausted from the magic lessons that (Y/N) can do.