Cheater (Grumbo)

Haha, oops so this is kinda based off of the song "Burn" from Hamilton,
Ship: Grumbo (I know again but oh well)
Genre: Angst
Word: 1335
—————

Grian sat on their shared bed, the bed they've kissed, cuddled- hell, made love on. He feel gross sitting on it, knowing that someone else has used their bed for the same reasons. He gripped Mumbos phone, the screen slowly turning dark as he blankly stares as the messages. He's trying his best to hold back the tears, although the feeling of them pushing against his eyelids, waiting to be freed like a river pushing past a damn was heavy.

He rereads the lines, the messages confirming the suspicions him and Scar have thought of. He remembers that night with Scar, the small brunette walking up to him hesitantly to tell him what he just saw. He remembers his lip quivering as he spoke, knowing his words where crushing.

"Hey, G?" Scar creeps up to him as he's working on one of his thousands of projects, Grian looks up at him with a smile, "Whats up?"

Scar's lip quivered, "I saw something near the shopping district. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I would also feel like a horrible friend if I didn't let you know..." Scar continued to ramble, Grian just stares at the man, confused.

"Well spit it out then!" He chuckles, swiping his fidgeting arm across his forehead. Scar looked like he was about to cry just reciting the news, it made Grian worry, did someone get hurt?

"Well, I sorta saw... Mumbo," he pauses to twist his hands around the other, " with Tango. But it looked a little more than friendly." His voice got quieter as he continued, "Although Mumbo kept trying to push them between buildings and stuff. I guess he was trying to hide it?"

Grian nodded but he really wasn't listening, his whole world just ended, but he needed solid proof. He thanked Scar and walked back to his home with a horrified look on his face.
-

He hears the shower stop running, and he froze, wondering if now is the best time to bring this up. He knows he shouldn't have snooped while Mumbo went to shower, but maybe Mumbo shouldn't have cheated. He gulps, trying to moisten his dry throat and calm his shaking body.

Two years, Mumbo would just give up two years. And for what? Was He not good enough? Was he just so shitty in bed that he had to go and find a whole new body to substitute?

He didn't have time to think about all of the things he's done wrong, the things that would warrant him to do something so cruel. Mumbo steps out of the bathroom, looking over at Grian as he continues to toss his wet towel towards the laundry bin. Their laundry bin.

"Grian?" Mumbo questions as he turns to look at the shaking male, "are you alright? Why do you have my phone?"
Grian really couldn't hold it, the floodgates tearing open, the river pushing down the damn, it all rushed out.

"How long." He chokes out, barely able to talk. Mumbos eyes widen as he realized, "Why did you look through my phone?" Grian looked up finally, cheeks burning and jaw shivering,
"Answer me, how long." Mumbo stayed quiet, his arms falling to rest by his side as he stands their, pathetic.

"Damn it, Mumbo, how long!" He shouts, "how long did you let him in here? How long were you going to keep this up? Did you think it would magically go away?" The taller flinches at the shouts, "it only happened once, babe, I swear. There was no feelings involved," Grian shook his head, "that's not what I fucking asked. Clearly there was something if you continued to text him about it."

"He was the one that was texting me about it! Please babe, believe me, I don't want anyone else." He starts walking towards the bed, reaching towards Grians face. "It happened a months ago, I didn't want to ruin our relationship."

Grian slaps his hand away, scowling at the taller, "you ruined our relationship when you brought him in our home, in our bed non the less." He could see tears forming in his eyes, "Baby, please," he tried, "stop calling me that, I'm not your baby anymore."

There was a short silence, before Grian spoke again. "Mumbo, why did you do this." He gasps, trying his best to hold back on the sobbing, " why did you ruin what we had. I wanted to grow old with you, I wanted to marry you," he stops to choke out a sob, noises being thrown out as Mumbo sits with his head down. "I trusted you." He finishes, looking up to Mumbo.

"I... I don't know. I was drinking that night and Tango just happened to be there. I missed you. You where so busy working on so many projects and I just... slept with him." He shrugs, hoping it would work. "That's a shitty excuse." Mumbo turns his head to look back at Grian, "You can't use the "I'm drunk" shit with me. You've always wanted to fuck him, haven't you? Can't just stick to one person now can you?"

"Come on, that's unfair-" he starts, shortly being cut off by Grian rising up from the bed, pure anger shown in his face." "It isn't fair that I trusted you and you betrayed me! It isn't fair that I was loyal and have no clue why in your right mind you would've done this!" He covers his mouth with his hand to stop any noises or hiccups to slip. "You should stay at Iskalls tonight. I can't deal with your bullshit anymore." He says firmly.

"I'm not leaving, not until we fix this." He begs, grabbing on to one of Grians hands, the hands that felt just right in Mumbos but so small against his face. The dirty blonde shook his head, ripping his hand from Mumbos. "I didn't ask." He steps around Mumbo, tossing him his phone back before leaving the room.

Mumbo stares at the door, sighing as he rubbed his eyes. He really did fuck up. As he stands to pack his things he can hear slightly talking and sobbing from the other room, he must've called Scar. He knows what he did is going to spread like wild fire, who would cheat on such a lovable cutie like Grian? Mumbo still isn't sure where he stands with Grian, he doesn't know if that was him breaking up with him or if he just needs time. And God does he hope it's the ladder.

He packs a bag, knowing Grian will probably not let him back home for a while. He walks out of their room, turning back to look into it. Memories seem to be flooding his brain as a sob is released. "Grian, please I'm sorry, it will never happen again!" He shouts, trying to get the attention of The smaller in the room over. It takes a second before he appears in the doorframe. "It never should have happened. Now leave." And he finally did, leaving Grian alone to collapse and cry, hating how he wished Mumbo was still here.

Mumbo arrived at Iskalls tree only to receive a smack on the back of his head, Ah, so Grian already told him. "What the hell where you thinking." He growls at Mumbo, the taller hung his head and shrugged, "I don't know." Was the only thing to leave his mouth before he started crying again, Iskall sighed, knowing that even though it was his own fault, can't help but help his hurting friend.

"Come on, I'll make some coffee." The Swede said as he walked Mumbo into the O'Mega Tree of Doom.

————
This was my first proper angst chapter so again please leave feedback if you have any! I'm always welcome to criticism!
It's not my longest one shot but I tried !! But yet my smut is like 2k words lmao. AnyWays-