𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊 - 𝕷𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖇𝖎𝖊𝖘

Mira yawned, exhaustion was now catching up to her

Mira yawned, exhaustion was now catching up to her. Her eyes became half-lidded at the state she was in. Ariel giggled, noticing her friend, began to tucker out. She turned over to her side, supporting her head with her hand as she leaned against the comfort of the mattress.

"Someone tired?" Ariel questioned, already prepared for the obvious answer.

"Yeah, a little," Mira admitted, not before yawning and letting her head hit back against the mattress. Mira then smirked knowingly, taking advantage of the situation. "But... It would help if someone lulled me to sleep with an angelic voice..."

Ariel's eyes widened, letting the hesitation come back to her now. She had gotten used to speaking up, due to the support she acquired from many other Trolls, but her voice? That was a risk she rarely took.

"Mira, come on-"

"Please..." Mira gave her puppy dog eyes, which tugged so hardly on Ariel's soft heart. Ariel sighed, sucking in her lips before giving in.

"Okay..." Mira then excitedly decided to shift into a comfortable position, ready to be serenaded to sleep.

Ariel sat up from the bed, sitting beside her stroking Mira's head affectionately.

She began.

"So lock the door, and throw out the key." Ariel began quietly. "Can't fight this no more, It's just you and me..." Her voice was quiet but harmonious. She closed her eyes, trying to focus on the notes she sang. "And there's nothing I, nothing I, I can do...I'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you."

Ariel began to stand up as soon as she noticed Mira dozing off peacefully. She knew she was in a state to continue her slumber, but Ariel continued to sing for herself.

"So go ahead and drive me, insane baby, run your mouth. I still wouldn't change being," Her face was now focusing on the expansive view in front of her. She slowly swayed to the sound of her voice, singing through the memory of the song. "Stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you. I'm stuck with you, stuck with you, stuck with you, baby..."

Ariel sighed after she had finished her last note, smiling after she had once again had experienced the wonderful feeling in her throat when she made melodies. But that moment was put at a pause.

Unbeknownst to her was that there was a special someone who had been the first one to hear that source of talent.

"Wow." and boy was he impressed.

Ariel's eyes widened in panic, she swiftly turned around to see Trollex leaning his weight against the doorframe. His arms crossed but eyes widened. Not so much in a negative way that insulates he is trying to intimidate her, but as if he was blown away by such a wave of talent and needed to lean on the door frame for support.

He was in absolute shock, and no one could blame him.

Ariel's heart began to race at hyper speed. She could have a heart attack there and then. She fought back so hard on her emotions and just gulped in nervousness. Her body language showed she was shifting around, trying to get rid of the stressful tension on her back. Nobody heard her sing except for Mira. Absolutely no one.

So for someone to actually listen to her sing, and let alone that person being Trollex? It was just too much.

"Ariel, that was- I" He chuckles at his own shock still in incredulity. "Wha- Since when did you have such a brilliant voice?! And I- why haven't I heard it before?"

Pathetically, she attempted to force her way out of the situation through further denial. "I didn't hear anything, did you hear something? I don't think I remember doing something like that." Ariel swam passed him trying to occupy herself with something else. Her voice was rapid and completely submissive.

Trollex's eyebrows furrowed as he began to gawk at Ariel's response. He couldn't help but rush up to her. "Ariel, you- your- why deny something that's destined for you?!-"

"Shh." Ariel shushed him while pointing to the sleeping figure on the side of the bed. Trollex looked over and was about to question who that was, instead shook it off not wanting to drift away from the conversation.

"That voice needs to be heard. Girl, you could serenade a crowd of trolls with that talent." Trollex continued quietly to convince Ariel. Ariel shook her head, no getting more worried.

"You don't understand..." m

Trollex had another look of confusion on her face. "What's not to understand?"

Ariel looked back up. Her gaze had been caught by the absence of the neighbourhood's light source, so now she had a pretty good view of herself since the reflection like effect was a result of the darkness outside.

Majority of her lifetime she had never been one for going to back to something she knew gave her the worst memories. Confronting things were a challenge for Ariel, but then again with her minor anxiety and slight PTSD she can't help but not worry about anything. It would only be a matter of time when she learns to give in to the confrontation and hopefully move on from it. But how can she take the chance when she doesn't even trust herself, let alone trust others in harsh and harming situations.

But when Ariel looked at Trollex, he was one of the very few in life who had groped a sense of understanding and welcoming. She had started out as a misfit no doubt, but Trollex saw her as no misfit. Her heart clings to the past, but her intuition was pulled with the thought of the Techno King in mind wanting to try something alternatively new. Was she the one to give in to her ever-so-persistent intuition at times like this?

Why not.

Ariel sighed, giving in to the small voice in her head that advised her to go through with it. Trollex shot up slightly, his eyes softening but widening at the same time. Ariel shifted her body towards Trollex and slowly swam up to him. Her gaze was focused on the floor, studying it like a chemical formula. She fought back the hesitation and continued.

"Let's continue this conversation somewhere else."