1/3/20

Dear... whoever this is, hey.
My name is Chuuya Nakahara and I'm a senior at double high in Yokohama. I transferred from Ecole Jeannine Manuel in France a few weeks ago.

My language teacher, Kunikida, says I need to write more to understand basic writing in Japanese correctly, and try to send someone a letter to be some sort of my writing partner.

This is really stupid, and short, but basically I just need to write to the person about my week and get a response.

So if you'd like, respond to this letter.

Dazai finished reading the letter and a slight smile found its way to his lips. Maybe this is the escape he needed from all the stress that was put on him lately

Dazai pulled a sheet of older white paper that's been sitting in Mori's drawer for years and dipped his quill in black ink, pressing the matel nib to the paper and starting to write just a bit of information about himself.

×
*
×

Chuuya unlocked the door and got inside of the small apartment on the third floor, taking his shoes off at the door before yelling "I'm home!" To the house.

It took a few seconds, but eventually a white and ginger cat walked to the door from Chuuya's room, probably after napping on his bed.

Chuuya re-locked the door then kneeled down to pet Arahabaki, making the old fluffed up cat purr.

Chuuya smiled a little before getting back to his feet and walking to his room to put his bag in his room by the wall.

The redhead walked out of his bedroom to the kitchen and started working up on making lunch.

Shortly, he had a tuna salad and even gave Arahabaki the extra tuna that was left in the can.

Chuuya's older sister, Kouyou, was at work, which meant Chuuya was incharged if the big TV in the living room and he can finally watch his show.

Chuuya put the bowl of tuna salad on the table and noticed an envelope on it. Chuuya gently picked it up and turned it around, seeing 'for Nakahara Chuuya' written on the back.

Chuuya raised his eyebrow and tared the cream envelope up, slipping his fingers in and pulling out a letter.

'Dear Chuuya Nakahara,

Hi, I got your letter. My name is Osamu Dazai, I'm a 23-year old and I also live in Yokohama.
I run a company in the city and your proposal of being a writing partner is exactly what I needed.

I deal with a few stressful things right now, so having something sort of calming to do every week is a good distraction.

So, if its okay with you, I'll tell you a bit about myself.

I was born and raised in Tokyo and moved to Yokohama when I was 16 with my father's friend.
I finished high-school early and started learning medical right as I moved here.

It took me two years to understand I'm not fit for this, lucky, aren't I?
My father's friend needed help in his company so I obviously helped him. Now I'm the boss of his company.

Some random things, because why not? My favorite color is blue, my favorite food is crab, I'm 5'11" and I'm allergic to bees. Thats all of the random things I can think of right now, so tell me, how are you doing Chuuya?

Chuuya finished reading the letter and then got up and walked to his room to find paper and an envelope, stressing out.

He didnt know someone will actually write back! But.. it seems like this 'Dazai' person needs a distraction... and Chuuya needs the extra practice... so.... its okay, right?