Alyssa and I are happy the way things are.

Matty

"So how is this going to work? Explain it properly because I honestly don't understand how we're going to pull this off without either of us finding out first." Alyssa looked at me as if I just said the most stupid thing in the world. The reality is she just didn't explain it very well, or maybe I am a bit slow sometimes. I don't know.

"We have the scan then Liam will come in and we leave the room, he will get the information on the sex of the baby." I nodded along. Okay it was a bit more clear now, she really didn't explain it the best when she first told me.

"Right." I nodded. "Are you sure you don't just want to know straight away?"

"No." She shook her head. "I want everyone to find out at the same time."

"But Liam will know." I pointed out.

"Yeah, so he'll be in charge of that part for our gender reveal to our friends and family." She gave me a firm look. "Matty this isn't that big of a deal, you need to stop overthinking everything."

"I'm not." I mumbled. "I just think you'll cave and beg Liam to tell you sooner." I chuckled.

"I won't." She glared at me.

"Uh huh." I nodded, clearly not believing her.

"I swear to you, I won't." She got more annoyed at me not buying it.

"Okay." I shrugged. "I'll believe it when I see it."

"Fine." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Are you nervous about the party?"

"A little." I mumbled.

"Is it because people might find out about the baby that you don't want knowing yet?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I sighed. "It's not that I don't want anyone knowing, it's just everyone's gonna ask if we're together and how it all happened. It's just a bit much sometimes to think about. I just want things to be as private as they can be for all of us."

"I agree on that one." She nodded. "I think it'll be fine though, it's only going to be a select few of us there and we will be able to keep that quiet."

"At the end of the day, as long as you and the baby are happy and healthy then I don't really care about anything else." I told her.

"We're all gonna be okay." She reached over and placed her hand on my thigh. "As fucked up as our little clan will be, in less than 4 months we're gonna have a baby joining us and that's when the real party is going to start." I grinned at her, excited to think about the day our baby would be born.

"Right." I clapped my hands together. "It is time to go to the doctor's now." I told her.

"Please don't drive like a maniac." She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

"I'm not that bad at driving." I rolled my eyes and pulled her up off the couch.

"You're not great either." She mumbled.

"Shut up." I chuckled. "Are we picking up Liam from the tube station?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Cool."

-

Alyssa looked at me nervously as we waited for Liam to walk out of the doctor's office. "Surely it doesn't take this long to tell him if it's a boy or a girl." She whined.

"He's literally been in there for a minute Alyssa." I rolled my eyes at her.

"And we have a party to attend in 3 hours, he has to get Allen prepared." She groaned.