You're meant to make sure that train wreck doesn't freak out.

Matty - July 2019

"How nervous are you?" I asked George, he was currently pacing up and down, looking visibly in distress.

"I don't know mate, is it too late to run away?" He asked me. "What if I say something stupid? What if I muck up my vows? How do people do this?"

"Calm down." I rolled my eyes at him. "You're gonna be fine, just keep it short and sweet, like me." I winked at him.

"That's easier said than done, have you met Nessa's dad?" He turned to look at me. "He's terrifying."

"And you know him well enough by this point so why are you suddenly freaking out?" I asked.

"I dunno, if I cock this up then I'm quite sure that man will murder me." George cried out, putting his head in his hands.

"You're being so over dramatic about this, if I can survive being a dad then you can survive saying a few nice things about Ness and then marrying her in front of her family." I chuckled. "It's easy."

"I mean you can't really compare the 2 situations but it's also not like you've ever gotten married either." He shot back.

"What can I say George, just need to get on with it." I stood up from the couch. "You're gonna be alright." He looked at me unsure but nodded anyway. The door opened and Adam walked in holding Scarlett.

"I've been looking for you." He said staring directly at me. "You need to take your spawn back now."

"Does she need changed?" I asked him, knowing fine well that was the issue.

"She stinks mate." Adam grimaced.

"You could've ask my mum to change her." I rolled my eyes.

"She was busy." He whined and then passed Scarlett to me. She let out a happy scream the second she was in my arms again.

"You're right, she does smell bad." I chuckled. "I'm gonna go get her changed."

I took her to the bathroom and Adam wasn't exaggerating in the slightest. For such a small girl she could clear out a room. Once I put a new nappy on her and fixed her clothes, she sat up on the changing table blowing raspberries.

"You're energetic today." I said to her, she looked up at me and giggled. "Let's go see if auntie Ness wants one last kiss before she sells her soul to uncle George." I picked up my daughter and left the bathroom.

I walked down the hallway of the hotel we were in, Scarlett spent the whole time we were walking babbling away, sticking her hand in her mouth and then wiping it on my face. When I got to the door for the bridal room I knocked lightly, the door swung open and Nessa stood on the other side looking flustered. "What do you want Matthew?" She asked me.

"I just wanted to see how you were holding up, Scarlett wanted a hung from her aunt too." I said indicating to my over excited baby.

"Come in." She hissed, opening the door wider for me to walk in.

"Well I can see you're handling this stress just as well as Danes." I chuckled. She just glared at me in return.

"You're not helping here Healy." She shot back. Scarlett leaned forward with her arms out towards Nessa, obviously wanting to be held by her.

"I'm not here to help, I'm here to watch you two get married and then drink a lot of alcohol." I told her.

"You're the best man though, you're meant to make sure that train wreck doesn't freak out." Nessa glared at me again as she took Scarlett into her arms. "Please don't be sick on my dress." She said sweetly to Scarlett who just stared up at her with a confused look on her face.