♡ Chapter Three ♡

♡ Catra's POV ♡

I knew right when that blonde called out for me,I was gonna be fucked somehow. I didn't have any shoes on so I managed to glide perfectly on the tile floor,quickly snatching a bag of Taki's. I hear a loud thud not too far behind me and whipped my head around,seeing the woman on the ground. I let out a laugh before continuing to run,snatching some apples and a water bottle as I ran. However,as I did,I noticed something really...weird. A lot of people were gathering around this blonde as she stumbled to get up,but why? Was she like- popular? Or maybe well-known? Who cares,I'm getting chased by a big lady!

I shake my head out of my thoughts and continued to sprint to the scanning table. I quickly paid for the things with the stolen $20 and was about to dash out until I felt a bigger body tackle me. I growled as I saw the female brought me down to the tile floor,a very annoyed and angry expression on her face. Shit. The female immediately ripped the things from my hands and the leftover change,making me mentally groan. That was my only food and water! I attempted to stand but the girl grabbed ahold of my arm and began dragging me out.

“Hey,what the fuck?! Let me go!”

I screamed at the female,grabbing her wrist with my free hand and digging my long,black nails into her skin. She winced but didn't let go,instead she gripped tighter and looked down at me with a menacing glare.

“What makes you think I'll let you go?”

She asked in a dark voice,taking me outside. My eyes looked around and saw many bystanders record us and whisper. This girl was definitely popular. I growled lowly before clawing her arm,making her wince and her grip loosen,my chance to escape opening up. I quickly made a run for it,my feet carrying me somewhere semi safe. I didn't get to grab the bag of food from the girl so I basically just ran away with an empty stomach.

“Of course my plan would backfire,it always does! I just want food..”

I think to myself,looking up at the sky. It seemed to be noon about now so maybe I could at least get something edible. I walk through the now crowded town,keeping my hood up. I didn't want people to see me or even recognize me,it'd make things worse so I just kept quiet and didn't make eye contact. Simple as that. I walk past a small fruit shop and I  immediately stop in my tracks,looking down at all the fruits sorted out in front of me. Apples,tangerines,bananas,pears,blueberries,grapes...they were all here! I needed to get my hands on some of the products. I walk into the small shop and walk around,pretending I'm minding my business as I look at all the food in front of me. The lady at the counter was an old woman who seemed to be reading a book,not doing anything else.

I smirk as this was my chance to take something, so I did. I grab two red apples and grapes,shoving the apples in my hoodie pocket and the grapes into my bag before looking at the old lady again. She didn't see me,good. I begin to walk out of the store until a voice stopped me in my tracks.

“I saw that dearie,you cannot fool me.”

The elderly woman behind the counter said,gently closing her book which were...pie recipes? Whatever,the woman fixed her round glasses before looking at me with a crooked but kind smile.

“Are you unable to pay dearie?”

She asked me,her wrinkly hands placed over one another as she waited for my answer. I slowly nod my head and the woman let out a small laugh as though this wasn't a big deal. I just stole fruits,how come she isn't hitting me with a broomstick yet?

“Well dearie,I shall let it pass for now. However you shall repay me by helping me make a pie! ”

She declared,holding up her pointer finger in the air to make her point clear. Was this woman on something? She's being weird.

“Uhm I don't know if I could do it today,maybe...Monday?”

I offer,starting to regret stealing from here,I was getting myself into something so stupid. The lady's smile got wider and nodded her head as a response,accepting the day I should repay her.

“Monday is always good for Madame Razz! Now run along,your future awaits.”

She said,sending me a wink. Did she just- did she just wink at me? Whatever,I nodded my head awkwardly before leaving the store as fast as I could. My stomach began to rumble as I walked through the crowds and sighed,deciding to stop at an alleyway to eat one of the apples I stole.

****

Hours later,I had finished eating the fruits I had stolen,my stomach filled with delight. I sigh softly of satisfaction as I rubbed my tummy,walking down the street. It was about near 9 pm and the sky was now a navy blue with a mix of violet,stars scattered across the sky. I smiled softly up at it as thoughts began wandering through my head.

“What did that old lady mean by ‘my future awaits’? Is she a fortune teller? Can she predict the future? Does she have terrot cards I can st-”

My train of thought was sliced in half as I felt a person shove me to the side,the left side of my body crashing against the brick wall of a building. I look up at the person who pushed me and saw it was a group of males. Well,shit. I already knew what they were here to do,and I wasn't gonna let em do it.

“You're the one who stole money from She-ra, huh?”

One of the three boys asked me,standing over me. She-ra? Who the fuck was that? I mean,I knew who they were talking about but SHE-RA was her name?? What a fucking joke. I let out a laugh,holding my gut as I squealed with laughter. The boys faces grew more menacing and my laughter slowly came to a stop,wiping a tear.

“Oh my god her name is She-ra? What a joke! I mean,I feel bad for her since her parents gave her such a wacky n-”

“You don't know who you messed with,do you? Her name is Adora and she can kick your ass,miss priss. But then again,we're her teammates and we have our teams backs. ”

Another male said darkly,punching the brick wall close by my name. So Adora is her name? Even stupider. I sighed softly before rolling my eyes dramatically to the side,not even scared of the boy's menacing stares and punches to the wall. I've dealt with worse than this bullshit.

“What are you gonna do? Spank me? Oohhh I'm so sc-”

I was cut off to a punch to my face,my head bouncing off the brick wall. I yelp in pain and hold my nose as it starts to bleed,but thankfully it wasn't broken. The boys began laughing and popping their knuckles as they began to corner me in an alleyway,my confidence vanishing. Then,without realizing, they started to punch and kick at me,making me bruise almost everywhere on my body. It hurt,it hurt a lot. But the abuse I dealt with back at The Horde was so much worse than this,so much worse. I began to cry and the boys laughed at me,kicking at my gut and face. I was losing myself until I heard a familiar voice.

“What the hell is going on here?!”

Eeeeeeee chapter 3 let's goooooo! I'm very proud of this chapter since it's the one with the longest word count sooo I'm really proud of that! Anyways hope you guys like it. Much love

- Les