♡ Chapter Thirteen ♡

Adora's POV ♡

I laugh at Catra's demand before I start the car engine,pulling Swift Wind out of the parking lot before driving off into town. I could hear Glimmer and Bow mumble about nonsense as Catra just stared out a window. She looked...lost,like she was diving into the deep parts of her mind. It soon got really silent in the car,like,an awkward silence. After a little bit,I couldn't take it anymore as we stopped at a red light,giving me the chance to pull out my phone and connect it to the Bluetooth in my car.

I begin scrolling through my Spotify playlist until I came across one song. Beachboy by McCafferty {the song above}. I smirk before I press my thumb on the song,Glimmer and Bow immediately gasping loudly as they heard the guitar begin to play. Catra must've known this song too because right after it started to play,her eyes went wide as she looked down at the radio,a smile forming on her face.

"That's what I'd like to see."

I think to myself before I crank up the volume on the radio and we all began to sing.

"I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD,CHRIS,I'LL TURN THIS FUCKING CAR AROUND!! SHUT THE FUCK UUUPPP!!!"

I hear Glimmer scream as she and Bow begin throwing their heads back and forth,bopping out to the song. Catra began bobbing her head side to side,a toothy grin on her face. We continue to sing along with the sing until a part comes along and Catra tells us to quiet down. Before we knew it,she began singing too.

"And she's on top of me,and it is hot hot hot! She says 'come on sweetheart,take em off' so while we take off,and then we take em off. And then her dad walks in- oh shit her dad walks in."

She sang,her bi-colored eyes on me the whole time she sang that part before bobbing her head to the song again,Glimmer and Bow doing the same as they cheered her mini performance. I felt my cheeks heat up as she sent me a wink before she focused on the music once more. Although everyone was bobbing their heads to the song,all I could do was sing cause I knew I jammed out to this music,I'd get us all hurt.

"Adora,look! It's Perfuma and Scorpia! Awwhh look at them,they must be waiting for us."

Bow said as I tried finding a parking slot,soon pulling into one and turned off the car. The tall male hopped out of the vehicle,running up towards the two girls as he embraced them both in a hug,Scorpia laughing as Perfuma did as well. I was about to step out of the car until I see Catra still sitting in the passenger seat, her eyes wide with what seems to be anxiety and fear.

"Hey Catra,you ok? You look...scared. Is something wrong?"

I asked her,my brows furrowed in concern. Catra snaps out of her thoughts and turned her head to me,a small nervous smile creeping up to her face.

"Pssh yeah,totally! I can handle new people."

She lied through her teeth. I wanted to call her out on it but she didn't seem like she wanted that so I let the subject go as I shut the car door and walk over to the group,Catra slowly following behind me. Everyone was talking and laughing until we all noticed Scorpia's eyes grow wide,all of our heads turning in Catra's direction. Catra gulped nervously before shakily raising her hand to wave.