8.

Zaman was quitely having his coffee in the lounge, dressed classily in his crisp blue suit before leaving to office staring out the huge glass wall ; relaxed when he felt his favourite sweet bubbly fragrance intensifying in the air and tickling his nose.

Bini! He inhaled sharply and shook his head with a hint of smile on his lips.

"Zaman? Aap abtak yahi ho?" She asked a little shocked appearing Infront of him.

(You are still here?)

"Yeah was just leaving.." He answered lazily checking her out. She was dressed beautifully in a white sleeveless dress with pink dupatta, her hair in a clean bun as usual and her face bare of any makeup looking as fresh as a blooming flower.

She stood there silent for a moment deep in thought.

"Will you drop me to office ?" She  asked fiddling with her fingers sheepishly.

He stood up walking towards her with a deep frown.

"But you said you took off?" He asked baffled. Beenish itched her nape looking embarrassed and guilty.

"I lied..." He glared.

"Why? You know I hate lies Bini!" He gritted his teeth stepping closer. His hands tucked in his slacks.

"Because you weren't ready to leave me last night! " Bini snapped in annoyance.

"So you lied? Wow!" He taunted sarcastically. She narrowed her eyes.

"Zaman you are exaggerating!"

"A lie is a lie Bini, don't turn this on me!" He retorted annoyed for not accepting her mistake.

"Haa aapko hi to Satyawadi Harishchandra apni virasat sambhal ne chor gaye hai jaise!" She threw her hands exasperatedly.

(After all the veracious Harishchandra left his legacy for you to rule right!)

"This is no way to win an argument Bini!" He warned.

"Why ever I came here to ask you? It was better to take Adil's offer!" She stomped her foot like an irritated kid before turning around to leave.

Zaman pupil dilated on Adil's mention infuriating him to the level that nerves on his arms feel strained. He was staring Beenish rushing out of the lounge cursing under her breath.

Adil Adil Adil!

Why this guy has to be everywhere?

He clenched his fist and marched in her direction with long urgent paces before she can even cross the threshold of the lounge and turn her around abruptly when she was about to step foot outside and pulled her pinning her on the same door after closing it behind her.

"You are not going anywhere with that man, You hear me?" He growled leaning over her. Both breathing in anger, nose flaring like a raging bull and eyes spitting fire locked with eachother.

"What if I do!" She challenged instigating more blaze to the fire burning inside him.

"You won't like the consequences.." He threatened with his voice an octave low hinting caution. Beenish felt bone chilling shiver running down her spine and she blinked lazily.

She is feeling scared for the first time, the grave seriousness in his eyes speaking volumes daring her to go against him but she didn't let it show on her face.

"So what do you want me to do?" Her throat bobbed.

"I am dropping you.." He mumbled pulling away and finally she felt her lungs breathing again and nodded agreeing to him.