11.

The tick tock sound of clock, whirring of ceiling fan and even the dripping  of water in the washroom was too clear.All it was one could feel the deafening silence. One could even clearly hear the sound of shallow breathing of the person next to him.

The air was quite and tensed in one of the most posh room of the Manor. Ammajaan's cold wrinkled fading orbs were round and switching between the two figure looking down embarrassed in front of her. Her wrinkled hand laden with thick traditional bangles were stroking the crown of thick brown stick in her hand, sitting on her plush sea green throne on the farthest side but on a platform.

"Nishi?" Ammajaan's eyes finally fixing on Beenish narrowing on her.

"Ji Ammajaan!" She timidly replied.

"Kya aapne wakai Sanam se badtameezi ki thi?" Her voice was calm but disapproval is evident in her old angry eyes.

(Did you really misbehaved with Sanam?)

"Ji Ammajaan!" Beenish admitted her crime.

(Yes grandma!)

Ruhi and Humaima gasped in shock who were called to be the witness of the complaints Sanam brought to Ammajaan right after the function was over.

She knew what she did wasn't the most moral thing to do but Sanam really pushed her buttons by hurting her self esteem and Beenish vicious side couldn't be controlled from uttering the bitter truth what her mother-in- law is ignoring deliberately.

"Kya hum jaan sakte hain kyu?" She asked narrowing her eyes curiously on her waiting to hear Beenish explaination.

(May I know why?)

"Ammajaan isne apni galti kubool karli fir aage baat badhane se kya faeda. Ab bs saza sunae!" Sanam instantly interrupted rudely, trying to wrap the matter sooner before her reality of the situation reached to Ammajaan.

(She accepted her mistake then what's the use of discussing it further. Just give the punishment!) 

"Sanam!" Amma jaan glared. "Jisse sawal kiya jaega bs wahi jawab dega!" She warned sternly before focusing
her eyes back on Beenish.

(I want answers from the one I am questioning!)

Sanam sulked looking down in embarrassment again and fearing Beenish confession.

"Bolo Nishi.." She encouraged.

(Speak Nishi!)

"Ammajaan, maami mujhe dabbe uthane ka bol rahi thi or maine bs dabbe uthane se mana kar dia tha mithae key.." Sanam stared Beenish in disbelief.

(Grandma, Aunt wanted me to look after sweet boxes but I straightly denied her order's to do that.)

Why is she lying?

to save her?

But why would she do that?

"Aap sach keh rahi hai?" Ammajaan asked suspiciously and Beenish instantly nodded without any hesitation.

"Nishi ek baar phir soch lein, apko saza mil sakti hai!" Ammajaan reminded her. Ammajaan can tolerate anything in this house but any kind of disrespect and misbehaviour to any family member.

(Nishi think again, you have to bear the punishment then.)

"Mujhe manzoor hai." She nodded obediently to Ammajaan.