17.

Those pair of deep pool of browns adorned with thick stray of black were stuck on the dangling garland shielding her from all the evil eyes and the man in white sherwani on other side who will be her mahram in next few minutes. The thought alone made butterflies do salsa in her stomach and a layer of red tint spread on her rosy cheeks instantly.

Meanwhile he couldn't just take his similar light brown eyes away from her no matter how far and worst the teasing is getting from his cousins.He don't want to care about anything today except the two of them. It's their day and he won't compromise capturing the sight sitting in maroon lehenga laden with gold and silver sequins; especially ready in the best way only to be his. He was already heavily drunk by her presence.

Heck! And the night even started yet!

"Ap dono ek dusre ko yun ghurna ab bs bhi karein! Qazi Sahab k aane me zara time hai.." Beenish chirped coming to Sarah's side and pulled her veil down.

(Now you two stop staring eachother! Qazi will be a little late.)

Sarah blushed feeling embarrassed while Hamza groaned from across and glared Beenish for pulling Sarah veil down and the cousins around them laughed loudly.

Damn! He was enjoying it.

"Yaar Nishi meri hone wali biwi h vo!"
Hamza pouted in irritation.

(Damn Nishi she is my soon to be wife!)

"Oye! Par abhi meri behen hai.." Zaman smirked haughtily pulling Sarah in a side hug and pulled her veil even more down just to piss Hamza off.

(But right now she is still my sister!)

"Not for long...Kaif!!"

"Ji bhai!" Kaif was immediately on his brother side who was still glaring at smug Zaman.

(Yes bhai..)

"Dekh Qazi kaha mar gaya? Bol jaldi kare kisi ka guroor todna hai aaj.." Hamza grumbled shaking his leg impatiently.

(Go look for Qazi! Tell him to hurry up tonight we have to knock someone's arrogance out!)

"To tu Sarah se mera ghamand todne k liye shadi kr raha hai?" Zaman was amused.

(So you're marrying Sarah just to beat me?)

Others around them just laughed on the two cousins cum best friend and now soon to be brother in laws banter.

"Obviously!" Hamza scoffed haughtily.

"Fir to ye shadi nahi hogi..." Zaman immediately stood up looking pissed.

(Well then I won't allow this marriage won't be happening..)

The atmosphere around them fell quite and serious except the close cousins of the family who are still staring them in amusement. Hamza and Zaman's bickering is normal to them. They are always trying their best to piss eachother off.

"Huh!" Hamza scoffed. "Ye shadi bhi hogi, or abse Sarah tera nahi mera guroor hogi!" He declared proudly.

(This marriage will happen and from now on Sarah won't be yours but my honour!)

Zaman tried to suppress his smile by keeping that cold look facade on his face while others around them just admire Hamza's look of proud he has for Sarah and Sarah's heart skipped a beat and blush on her face darken ten times.

Although the threat was empty because Zaman knew no one can keep Sarah as happy as Hamza, keeping their bantering on side Zaman is content, Hamza is the best and only choice for his baby sister and well knowing Zaman, Hamza won't even let a tear come to Sarah's eyes after all he is Zaman; they guy who bullied Hamza all his life. He won't dare!