Chapter_2

It takes about 20 minutes for Arima to reach 15th ward and currently he is sitting in the main office of Suginami station, reading the documents,note,the will left by Kiyomi Sasaki, as well as a DNA test result.

The number “99.99%” on the paper make him think about his first meeting with Miss Kiyomi Sasaki.

He met Miss Sasaki about three years ago when he was in 6th ward for ghoul investigation mission. She was a bright ,independent young woman who worked as an engineer for local hospital project. Because of her work, she went home pretty late and he save her from becoming a monster's snack. Since then they had often see each other in their time off. To think about it he don't know how that night happened and why they did “it" that time. It's not like they are in really relationship or whatsoever. They only had occasional café date and dinner times when their work give them time. They might had feeling for one another if they had more times but 2 months later, when her project finished, she moved back to her original town and they had lost connect with each other since then.

Now that she had passed away and she left her only son to him he wonder why she didn't inform him in the first place. Why did she chose to bring their child on her own?

Going through the documents, he find an envelope addressed to his name. With heavy mind, he open and it.

“Hello Arima-San, if you read this letter something unpredictable must happen and I am no longer able to take care of Haise.

First of all, I'm sorry for not notifying you about Haise. When I first know that I'm pregnant I was shock and scared. I couldn't decide whether to inform you or not. But latter I decided not to because there wasn't love between us and I couldn't make you take responsibility for something we both know as a mistake. I can take care of Haise myself ,so I did. But if something ever happen to me, I couldn't leave his as an orphan like myself back in the day. So I put your name as his another guardian after me selfishly. There is the DNA test result to prove but if you wish you can do it again.

Forgive me for my selfishness but please give him a home and care he deserve if something happened to me.

Kiyomi Sasaki."

The knock of the office door bring Arima's attention from the letter. From the door two figure come into the room. The first person is a young male dressed in police uniform, Officer Takahashi. Another is a middle age woman with short black hair. But what catch Arima's eyes is a little boy carry in her arm. A boy with white locks and black streaks growing out from the crown, and who's large grey eyes are looking at him curiously.

The woman come closer to him and said “ Mr Arima right?"

At his confirmation she continue “ I'm very sorry for your lost. I'm the teacher of Ken's daycare school. I came here as soon as I heard the news."

“Ken?”

At his question the woman smile and point to the child in her arms.

“ Haise Sasaki, but his mother usually called him with the nickname “Ken" he often response to it well. ”

“May I” he offer his arms and she gives Ken into his arm. The toddler doesn't make a fuss about the chang of hands and watch him with a smiling face.

Without realising his face becomes soft and he cups the chubby cheeks with large hand.
"Hi Ken, I'm your dad. ”

" Momma?"

“No, she's not here you are going to live with me from now on. "

“Mama?”

Arima heaves a sigh and cuddle the child “Let's go home Ken”