Chapter_7

Haise didn't like school. It's not that he hate studying. He enjoy learning new things. But teachers at school repeatedly teach things that he already know and memorized so, pretending to pay attention all the time was difficult.

« At least, the kids were fun .»

But even then, he found that he didn't fit in with them that much.

He prefered to read quietly more than playing. So, when they asked him to play with he often found himself politely rejecting them. After sometime , they left him alone to his books. Which 100% fine.

He wonder if this is how school work, how did big sister handle it. Or is he just being a freak.

« He was soooo... Bored »

But that changed when a new student transfer to their class. His name is

"Hi! my name is Hideyoshi Nagachika. But most call me Hide"

Haise was startled by a boy with messy, dirty blonde hair (he was really engrossed in his book that he didn't someone coming near him) who stood a few feet away from where he sat on the grass.

"Imm..Hello, I'm Haise Sasaki "he said shyly, " You are the new transferred student right "

"Yep!" and the new kid with olive eyes sat next to him suddenly.

And continue to talk" You know I was walking down ......"

«Strange, kids don't usually find me interesting though I get along with them well. To see this new kid approach me first»

"Hun..sorry what did you say?"
«he got space out»

"I'm asking that do you like book?"and the boy point the book on his lap, "Soseki Natsume-san's 'I Am a Cat' , isn't it a little high for our age?"

Haise eyes widen with interest "my dad had a lots of books so I read them in my free time. I used to have difficulty but now it is my third time so.."

"so.. Hideyoshi-kun like book?"

"Please call me Hide. And not that much. I like music more but I read sometimes. " he then chuckle and rub behind his neck "though I never finished"

" What about...."
.
.
.

And this is how Haise first meeting with hide goes. And they become close since then.

__________________________________________

" So the clowns are becoming active again. " says Yoshitoki Washuu , the Bureau Director of the CCG's Main Office.

" It seems like that. The ghoul go with alias 'No Face' had come into our radar again along with 'Raven'. It's look like they are now working together in the territory."said Arima.

" I see. What do you propose Special Investigator Arima? "

"Sir, allow me to go to 4th ward with second class investigator Hirako."

Yoshitoki consider a moment amd said " Cooperate with special investigator Kousuke Houji when you get there."

"Yes sir"and Arima glance his watch.

Seeing that Yoshitoki smile. Memories of a 'small toddler barging into his office followed by a very apologetic Arima' come up into his mind.

" It's time to pick up Haise right? Go on than. You are Dismissed "

Arima bow at him and retreat from the room.

As his hand touch the doorknob and about to exist the director said in serious voice

"Arima"

When he look back , the director is not looking at him but his hands. Seems like considering his words.

Then he said in a low voice.

" Arima, you might have to reconsider what you are doing now carefully. In the past it doesn't matter if it is dangerous or not. But now you have someone who rely on you. If the the others know what you are doing behind their back, it won't be safe for you both. "

Arima's usual stoic face transforme into a horrified, realizing what the other was implying.

"Yoshitoki!"

The director smile, standing up from his seat and walk toward the glass window of the room, looking at the view of Tokyo from high. Back toward Arima.

" Don't make that face Kishou. It doesn't suit you"

When the other doesn't reply he sign and said

" Don't worry. I won't tell anyone about what I know. Your secret is safe with me. But that doesn't mean I'll be on your side."