Chapter_9

Haise is really scare now.

Usually he take school bus to get home (his father didn't pick him up from school anymore since he was 9, old enough to take care of himself, his father reasoned.) but today Mr. Shinohara himself come to pick him up before he get on the bus. The situation is very strange that it makes him worry.

Haise say goodbye to Hide quickly and goes toward the black car which Mr. Shinohara was standing by.

" Hello, Mr. Shinohara"he greet first which Mr. Shinohara return with a small smile.

Haise quickly go inside the backseat and Mr. Shinohara follows in beside him. And the car start to move.

The car ride is silence and Haise's nerves are already acting up , his mind got filled with worries. Shinohara break the scilence first.
" So,...Haise.."

" Is Dad ok. He's not...right?" Haise interrupte looking ip at Shinohara's face carefully for the first time today, eye's getting watery with every seconds.

«He couldn't say the word. It's impossible right? Dad is really strong.»

" Woh..woh..kid don't jump to assumption that fast. He is not in danger or even seriously injured. " said Shinohara quickly.

Which Haise heave a sigh of relief rubbing his eyes.

"So, what happened?"

Before Shinohara can answer,

" I think he made a moment of error while he was fighting a Koukaku. The three of us were in a joint-mission.And he was fighting a group of S-rated by himself.Though he finished the ghoul in the end, his body took a big hit from the the thing's kagune in the process, hitting the wall. I would says he's damn lucky. If he have had dodged a bit later, that things would have punctu.."

Itsuki Marude (whose presence Haise didn't notice first with all his worry) said from the shotgun.

"Investigator Marude, I think it's enough "

Yukinori Shinohara stop him with a glare. His colleague doesn't know how to talk normally[kindly] to his adult-frieinds and coworkers ,so forget about child. Haise's eyes were getting wider with everywords Marude unhelpfully explain.

«Great! He should have come without him. Though Madrude looks a little apologetic which is very rare. »

Shinohara clear his throat and said,
" What really important is he is fine now. He just need to stay at least a night under the doctor watch to be cleared. So to prevent you from being at home alone, we pick you up."

" So why aren't we heading toward the headquarter?"

" Kid, he have to stay at the examination room all night. You will be more comfortable if you stay at.."

" I want to stay with dad, Please " Haise insist, looking up to Shinohara with those ' puppy-eyes'.

«damn those eyes. »

" ok, Fine. But you have to be quite, he will need rest ."

Haise nod his head quickly.