Chapter-13

The last two weeks was a hard time for everyone in CCG.

With the witness, Hide Nagachika, confirmation they had arrested ‘Yuri Takahashi' the foster mother of ‘Kanzo Yoshida’. At first, the woman denied the crime but after the detective show the evidence they had found she dropped her innocent act.

She confessed that she had been selling orphan kids that she had fostered for a long time. She had carefully wait for a few years when the kids get to other house and only after that she had lured them and sold them to what she called ‘organization’.

She said that she had been careless this time because she need money urgently. When the detective angrily asked why she did it she said “ It's a good money. Why do I have to care what happen to those brat when even their parents don't ”.

Needless to say, she got harsher treatment from everyone. After she confessed the identity of one of her dealers the CCG hand her over to the police as human matter is their concern. But they had made sure for her to get the punishment she deserved.

After that, they followed after the dealer and another and another. Like that they followed the breadcrumbs and finally the got their hard earn result ‘ The Ghoul Restaurant ’. The human trafficking group ‘The organization’ is the supplier for it.

Last night, CCG had arranged a raid and successfully attacked the restaurant. They had dispatched many ghouls but still some higher ranking ghouls ,including the infamous Big Madam, sill escaped.

It's sickening to think that the purpose of place existence.To give pleasure for the ghouls of higher class society before their meal. Some of the human victims were not even captured by traffickers. They were rather invited as a guest and then lured into the slaughtering place. These victims are then trapped in an arena with a human slave called the "Scrapper," who was trained to make a show of killing the "meals" for the entertainment of the members. Afterwards, the bodies are prepared by the staff and served to the attendees.

When CCG had attacked the restaurant, they had managed to rescue the surviving human as well as a few Scrapper. But there wasn't Special Class Arima's son among them.

They had successfully executed the monstrous ghoul and save a lot of lives but the true purpose of their mission was still missing.

........................................................................

Yukinori Shinohara walked toward his coworker where he was standing at the rooftop of CCG building, gazing the smaller view of Tokyo ( mind searching for one kid with innocent smile ). In his right hand, holding tightly, is the picture of Haise smiling brightly at the camera.

When he get closer Arima spare him a glance. The normal calm expression he wear even in the most dangerous fight is now crack. Shinohara can feel and sympathize the storm that must be happening inside him. Because he too feel the same lost and pain for the kid. In fact, almost all the person in CCG fell the same for certain degree as this was the child that grow up in font of them. When Shinohara stand side by side with his coworker, he can't say anything, don't know what to say, to reduce the pain Arima was suffering right now. They stand there without saying anything.

But minutes after, they heard the sound behind from the big stone sculpture placed in the middle of the rooftop as decoration.

When they look back a young boy (not more than 7 yearrs by his look) with pale skin and pure shoulder-length white hair come out from his hide. A miniature set of red threads stitches cover most of his body part. 

“ It's you again. How did you even sneak out from the hospital room, passing the guards?” Shinohara asked with a small smile.

“ Those men are too boring. But you are are interesting than them. You give me sweet things”

At Arima questioning stare, Shinohara explained “ This is Juuzou Suzuya. Age 10. He is one of the surviving victims from yesterday mission.”

He hesitates a little before asking.

“ Arima-San I know this is not the right time but I want to ask for your permission for Juuzou to remain with me instead of the orphanage.”

“ Can I ask why?”

“ The boy had some violence behavior which I think is the result of his captivity. Most of the people are afraid of him. So, I think it would be the best if he stay with me.”

Arima consider a few moment before he nod. “ I will talk to the director”.

“ Thank you Arima-San”

At that moment, what Juuzou said catch both of their attention.

“ I've seen that boy before. ” he said pointing to the picture in Arima's hand.

It shock both of them.Arima immediately knelt to see the boy eyes to eyes. He grab the boy's shoulder and ask desperately.

“ What did you say?”

Juuzou look confused about two adults reaction but he explained.

“ That boy with weird black and white hair. He was in the room (cage) next to me. He put a fight really well. Ma Ma said she was going to buy him. But someone got him first. ”

“Who?” Arima demand. His heart is beating quality in his chest.

“ I don't know. Two men came down to the basement we live and ask for the boy even before the auction had started. When the guard denied, one of them whispered something to him, and then the guard give him the key. They carried the boy away after they give him injection. Both of the men wore masks. But the one that carried the boy wear somekind of hockey mask.”

« Jason.»