Chapter_4

" So, the rumor about how the great Kishou Arima suddenly decide to become a father is true"says Taishi Fura as he walk into his office. He was back from his mission and all he heard is the gossips about Arima and a toddler. So he couldn't help but check himself to see if it is true.

Arima is doing the paperwork at his desk while the rumoured kid,young Haise, is sitting at the conner of the room. Surrounded by a pile of kid toys and he is chewing at one ear of soft-rubber-rabbit-toy which he is grabbing with both his hands.

"Fura" Arima said as a greeting.

"May I" as Fura point to the seat in from of the desk and at Arima aprovel he take the seat facing his old friend.

The toddler glance once at the newcomer and continue playing with his new favourite toy while bubbling.

The kid is in his own world now so, Fura ask the newly turn father.

"So, how did this happen? "

"It's a long story "

"Well, I have time and I'm sure you would like a break for coffee." says Fura as he put two cups of coffee which he brought along earlier as part of the plan.

When Fura is like this there is no way to avoid speaking. Arima sigh and put down the pen carefully onto the desk.

"The boy's mother didn't notify me about him and she leave him in my custody after her passing. " Arima summarise.

"Oh.., that's too bad. How does the boy react to the situation. "

" I think he's too young to be really sad about it. He sometimes cry for his mother and search around. But most of the time he is occupy with other things to know the difference. "

" Imm. So, how about you? How are you handling "

Arima take a sip at bittersweet taste liquid.

"Honestly, I think I handle this strange situation quite well than I thouht and it surprise me even.I mean, I never had intention to have a family let alone child. "

"Yes, indeed." Fura smile and then he turn serious and ask

" So, how are you going to do from now on ?" he take a glance at the child and continue, " You are not thinking about bringing the kid to whatever you go right?"

Arima look at him behind his glasses.
"Why not?"

"Kishou, you can't be serious. The kid need a place where he can play around not an office. And what about when you had to go on mission?"

" I had to think about something. I've been looking for nursery and day school but so far I don't find the one for my liking. "

"How about the child care center provided by CCG."

Arima shake his head

" The children in the center are all beyond his age and also most of them were facing their own trauma from losing someone they love."

"That's also true"

Fura see Arima in new light. It's not that his friend was emotionless or wasn't cable to care for other. ( He was just usually didn't show his inner self to others. Fura himself had to spend along time to figure the true self of Kishou Arima) But to see him from thinking carefully for his newly acquired son, it is clear that he loves and care the child.

The loud bubbling of the toddler bring their eyes to the kid who has now abandoned the toys and putting his fingers into copy machine.( Which reminds Arima that he had to childproof in office like he did to their apartment.)

"Ken, come here"

The boy grin and half-run toward his father.

"Dada.."
( Yes, the toddler start call him that a few days ago which made Arima a kind of happiness and thrill he hadn't felt for a long time.)

Haise hugs his father leg and Arima scoops the kid up into his arms.

" How are you Ken?"

The toddler put his small hands on his father' cheeks and bubble nonsense which only he himself might understand.

" Parenthood really suit you Kishou "

And suddenly Arima smirks.

" What ?"

Arima smile and look at him " Nothing, It just... I think I beat you becoming the first one to get a child "

"...."
Fura blinks

and says "Damn Fuc..."

Arima glare stop his words in progress. And the boy is looking them both curiously.

«He indeed have to watch his language carefully from now »

Fura clear this throat and sit up from his chair.

"Well, I'll then leave you to you work" and he walk to the door.

Before he exist he smile and said " Oh.. and Arima, don't foget come to our home for dinner at weekend. Aki wil also want to see my nephew" then he walk away leaving Arima with a little smile on his face.

"So, Ken. How about a mush potato right now? It's your time for snack. "