Chapter 4

Yeosang PV

"Are you sure you don't want me to accompany you home?"
I hear say to my right despite the louder and louder music.

When I turn I see the girl I dragged here with me refusing Mingi's help by waving her hand, as she gets up and walks away from the table, and she also seems to be in a hurry.

"Where is she going?"
I ask Mingi in a slightly cold tone,
I don't have much confidence with him. I only spoke to him a few times at the photo studio.
All I know about him is that he is an art student in his last year and that he's a waiter at the weekend in a café near my apartment.

He looks like a guy I would get along with, but I've never had time to really know the people I've worked with for months. I was too busy with Jaz to see what was around me.

"Feifei said that she needs air, I don't think she's feeling well"
He informs me, and so I also get to know the girl's name ... Feifei.
Only now I realize that I haven't even asked her what her name was..

When I am about to get up I feel someone touch my ankle, and when I look up I meet Jaz's provocative gaze.
I know that look well, she's playing with me.

But now I don't seem to care, I'm more worried about that little girl.
So I get up and head for the club exit.

I look around trying to see something in the dark parking lots of this spring night, but I don't see her.

I am about to start shouting her name in the hope that she's still nearby, when suffocated sobs cut the silence.

I look behind me and see her..
She is curled up on the ground, with her back against the wall and her head on her knees.

"Hey what happened? You're feeling sick?"
I ask her, kneeling in front of her, to face her.

I see her eyes swollen with tears and red cheeks, probably from all the alcohol in her body.
I see her so little and delicate that my instinct tells me to take care of her.

I had never experienced this feeling towards a girl.
Maybe because the only one I cared about was an independent woman who needed everything except protection.

Feifei doesn't answer me, she only nods slightly.

"Do you want me to take you home?"
I ask her, and she nods again.
I find her surprisingly cute when she nods because she makes her bangs move, which gives her an even more innocent appearance.

I help her to get up and we start to head towards my car, parked not far from here.

"My handbag"
She says suddenly as I was about to fasten my seat belt.

"I left it on the sits of the table"
She tells me, answering my silent question.

"Don't move, I'll be right back"
I get out of the car and go to look for the bag.

When I get to the entrance I see Jaz outside the door smoking her electronic cigarette alone.

"Are you running away?"
She tells me, as soon as she notices me in the dark.
"From what? You?"
I reply amused, continuing on my way to the entrance.
"If you are trying to make me jealous ... it takes more than a stupid intern"
I don't even answer her, I close the club door behind me ignoring her.

In another moment I would have stopped to talk to her in the hope of clarifying what we have been and perhaps an us that may still exists.
But not now, not now that I have a drunk girl in the car and that probably would never have come here if it wasn't me who had asked her.