Chapter 8

Feifei PV

After having breakfast and crossing on the stairs, not without embarrassment, the one I think is Yeosang's roommate, we got into the car.

Yeosang offered to accompany me to the photo studio, since he too had to take photos this morning.
I said yes, but more out of the desperation of being late for work.
Because honestly, being around him now makes me feel more awkward than usual.

During breakfast I was hoping he would explain to me what exactly happened yesterday, but nothing, silent as a grave.
All he told me was that he took me to his apartment because it was impossible to bring me to my place, and he's right, if the custodian Dalma had seen him, he would have been suspended for sure.

"Do you want to stop here?"
Yeosang asks me, and I look around, since I was too immersed in my thoughts to notice that we were passing in the road along the river.

I nod and he parks near a path that leads directly to the bank of the Han river.

It's a splendid spring morning.
The sun begins to give more warmth and nature blooms creating a unique view.

I can't resist and take my camera out of the bag. I always carry it with me, when I see something so beautiful I absolutely have to take a picture.

"Do you want to be a photographer?"
Yeosang asks me as he watches me taking pictures, sitting against a tree trunk.
"I'd like to, yes."
My answer seems to almost disappoint him.

"You don't like photography? It's a contradiction for a model.."
"I will stop modeling later this month"
I had no idea..I would like to ask him the reason, but I feel a closure on his part, as if he didn't want to talk about it, and I don't want to insist.

"Anyway, no, I don't like photography. All that story of capturing memories ..for me it's bullshit."
Yeosang says, watching the river flow behind me.

"Who tells you that I take pictures for memories?"
This phrase of mine attracts immediately his attention.
"Then why?"
He asks me, looking at me waiting for an answer as I sit on the grass next to him.

"Well, my father is a photographer and he always told me that through the lens of the camera you can see what isn't clear to you"
Yeosang listens to me attentively and curiously, but from his eyes I can't understand what he is thinking about.
"When I was little, I didn't understand what he meant by those words, but now I think I understand.."

I look at the bridge that cuts through the blue sky and the calm river; Yeosang follows my gaze, we observe the landscape in silence for a few seconds, then I take a picture.

"Here I see all the perfection that escapes through time"
I say, showing the photo I just took to Yeosang.
"It does not mean that I have to keep it to keep the memory. But looking at it allows me to better admire what I saw with my own eyes and be amazed by it for a second time."
Yeosang gives me a slight smile and I look down instinctively.
"But this is obviously only my interpretation"

"So are you telling me that through a photo I can find the answers I'm looking for by seeing things clearly?"
Yeosang asks me in a playful tone, and I nod vigorously, convinced of my theory.

He chuckles and takes the camera from my hands.
He puts it in front of his face and points the lense at me;
I have never been to this side and I feel a little uncomfortable knowing that he's looking at me.

"Yeosang don't-"
I say embarrassed, trying to cover my face with my hands, but he moves them by grabbing me by the wrists and then takes a picture.

"You're right, now it's clear to me"
I don't have time to reflect on the meaning of those words.

Yeosang leans over to me, gives me a slight smile and then kisses me.

I don't know what happened, or what answer he found, but right now I don't care.
I only know that I have never been so happy, and I would be even if all this was only a momentary lie to myself.