Preview

Fun Fact: This entire book was simply because I imagined this chapter in my head, not even the whole thing. Just smidgets of it!

"Hold still you fucking wimp!" A green haired teen yelled as he beat up a fellow student on the staircase.

Bakugo sighed as he watched from the side. Midoriya Kaen, the eldest child in the Midoriya family, Bakugo listed for the twentith time that day, His quirk is exactly like his fathers, fire breath, but his mothers side gives him more control over his flames. He is currently the older brother to Izuku's host family, very hotheaded and ignorant, plans to become exactly like his father. Is well respected at school, ranks fifth on the rankings. Bakugo glanced down in empathy at the smaller green haired male on the steps, Midoriya Izuku, youngest child in the Midoriya family, quirkless, It stung Bakugo to have to add quirkless to Izuku's current list, but it had to be done, He is Kaen's younger brother. Is bullied at school due to his quirkless status, Bakugo hated that fact, he hated how messed up society was, but that's why most kids were at Aldera in the first place, wan't it? Ranks 187th in the rankings, he is able to overpower those with weaker quirks due to his ability to analyze and out run them. Does not activley try to rank higher. Bakugo knew that Izuku could rank first if he tried, but this year wan't the year for that. When this wave of students is over with, then he will climb higher.

When Kaen walked away Bakugo angled his foot to go over and help Izuku, but the boy waved him off and limped towards the infirmary.

Several broken ribs, two fractures in his arm, twisted ankle, third degree burns. Bakugo listed as he watched Izuku climb the stairs, he knew Izuku would be fixed by tomorrow, it was one of his 'perks', he was a fast healer. The bones were probably mending as Izuku walked. The burns wouldn't go away as easily, scars never did, Bakugo only knew this becuase Izuku was littered with them, they covered every inch of his body.

"Oi Kat, you commin?" Kaen yelled as he walked towards the snack machine, the students who were previously waiting in line clearing the way for him.

Aldera isn't doing it's job with this one, Bakugo grimmiced internally, That one is rotten. "I'm comin smoke breath, just watchin the nerd to see if he would fall."

"Why? You planin on catchin 'im?"

Bakugo scoffed, "Fuck no! I was gonna ram his head into me knee, what kinda jackass do you think I am?"

Kaen laughed and tossed a curry bun at Bakugo, "Just teasin you. Come on, the next ranking fight is going to begin, I think it's Fokushī versus Fukurō, it's over who gets the western hall."

Fukurō, ranks third on the ranking chart. Seventh child in the Fukurō family, his quirk gives him advanced senses. Fokushī , ranks fourth on the ranking chart, is the third member of thr Fokushī family, his quirk gives him ears, night vision, and a tail, non retractable.

In Aldera, if your quirk is broad strenght related, you'll rank in the middle class or somewhat above. If you're quirk isn't as mucle related, it depends on how you use it that determines your ranking. The more versatile your quirk, the better. The top nine get 'territories' of their own. Basement, first floor eastern and westen hallways, the cafeteria, the gymnasium, second floor eastern and western hallways, and the rooftop. The number one position get's to travel anywhere. The other eight cannot travel into another 'territory', fights being the only exception to this rule. If you have your section stolen from you, you have until the end of the school year to get it back, if not, there is no real punishment, the humiliaton is bad enough. Non top ranks are free to travel in between the territories if the owner allows them to, the owner is in complete control of who is inside the hallway. Most middle and below ranks are fine with that, but some yearn for power, and that pushes them to want a section all there own. The lowest ranks are at mercy of all above them, beatings and busboy jobs shoved upon them, but here at Aldera, the school has a way of correcting those who are malevolent at heart, so most of them don't get beat, just busboy jobs, which they don't mind.

Bakugo himself ranks sixth (currently), he owns the first floor eastern hallway, he never beats a lower rank, but no one has caught onto that due to his brash personality. Most people wonder why he sticks by Kaen, Bakugo catches himself thinking the same thing at times, but he knows why. One rotten fruit spoils the entire bunch, so Bakugo is in charge of finding the bad ones and removing them. There were only three this year, the other two were helped and now understand what they did, but Kaen is another story.

"I'll be right there, I gotta take a shit first."

"See you in the middle."

Bakugo watched out of the corner of his eye as Kaen walked up the stairs and dissapeared. "Here," he said as he walked over to all those that had been waiting in line. "I'll pay, just tell me what you want."

"Why?" One of them asked.

"Because that wasn't how you should get things done, even in our world. It only breeds more malcontent, does our society need more unreasonable people?"

The people surrounding him shook their heads as he handed them their food.

"Exactly, things will only ever truly get done if people do things that don't cause other people harm. Take Overhaul for example, he hates quirks, so he uses a little girl who is severely emotionally and mentally damged to create drugs out of her blood. People fear him. Speak No Evil on the other hand, he helps and guides people, even if he does break the law, people respect and understand him, hence why he hasn't been caught yet. Now I have to go, Smoke Breath will be pissed if I don't hurry." He tossed the last piece of bread to a girl with flashy red hair. The crowd watched as jumped up the stairs and thought about his words, he was right, if more of them became like Overhaul.... was that really the world they wanted children to live in?

Izuku watched from the shadows of the staircase as Bakugo molded the path. Aldera has a way, He thought to himself before opening up his book and writing down the newest information, Fukurō is going to win, as the seventh child he fights for a lot of things, he knows how to dance around people. He limped away to reached the secret closet he made underneath the stairs, it was literally underneath the stairs, a small door sat right below the staircase that Izuku had to jump into before he crawled underneath the flat the sat between the first and second staircase. He pushed the book into the lock box and locked it, as he shoved it back under the beanbag he made a mental note of what was on the calender, I have to tell Katsuki, he reminded himself, Tomorrow more heroes are coming.