Chapter 4

Lilith packed her belongings as she was getting ready to leave for Los Angeles. She wore a tailored suit, specially made for her and her businesses. Walking out of the elevator and headed to the front desk to return her key.

"Here you are, Charon. Thanks for everything." she smiled warmly.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Miss Knight. Come again at anytime." he said.

Lilith grabbed her suitcase and started to walk towards the door.

"Miss Knight!" Winston called out.

Lilith turned around, "Winston." she smiled.

"I hope we can be of service in the near future." Winston said.

"I think you will be, but until then, I appreciate your hospitality." Lilith said before walking out of the door.

A taxi was waiting for her, and she was on her way. As she looked outside the window, she took in one last look at the city. Before she knew it, she was already at the airport. The driver opened the door for her and removed her luggage from the trunk.

"Thanks." she gave him a gold coin as he nodded and went on his way.

She walked into the busy airport and looked at her plane ticket.

"First class?!" she mumbled to herself, "How did I miss that?" she said holding it up and blinking her eyes several times to see if she was seeing correctly.

She went on her way to drop off her bags in check-in, then proceeded to her gate. The flight only took about five hours. After grabbing her bag from the baggage claim, she headed out of the gate and saw her name on a card. At first, the man did not see her until she walked in front of him.

"I'm Miss Knight." she said.

The man looked at her up and down, "You are Lily Knight?" with a confused face.

"Yes." she said.

"Okay? Follow me. They won't let me park up at the front so we kind of have to walk over to the parking lot. Here let me carry your luggage." he said.

Lilith accepted his offer and let him drag her luggage. While walking to his car, she noticed it seems a bit strange that they had to walk all the way to the back of the parking lot, and there were passing by a lot of empty parking spaces. She started to grow a bit weary and cautious. It also made sense as to why the man didn't recognize her. (This is prior to 9/11 so airport screenings were not really a thing and it was a pretty lax time to travel) Lilith started to see a big white van and noticed the car doors open. Inside were two men wearing all black with ski masks and were headed towards her. Lilith moved fast and rolled out of the way, while pulling out her 45 caliber Glock 21 with a suppressor attached. The moment she rolled into place and used her legs to station herself as she shot them on their knees and other places to immobilize them. With no hesitation, she headshot the two guys in a mask. She noticed the guy who dragged her luggage was limping his way out, but Lilith took her knife and threw it on the back of his knee and it lodges itself between the bones. He collapsed onto the floor and cried out. Thankfully, they parked in a secluded place in the parking garage so no one was there to witness.

She used her leg to lay him flat and placed her foot on top of his chest as she pointed her gun, aiming at his head.

"Oh god, oh god. Please, don't kill me." he cried.

"Who sent you?" she said.

The man kept crying and pleading for his life.

Lilith shook him using her foot, "Who sent you?" she said more sternly as she pushed on his wounds.