Chapter 9

Since Lilith knew that Donna and Samael might still be hanging in her house, she went off to go pass the time. Adam walked in his car after the valet delivered it to him. He drives out of the driveway and enters the main street. He thought about his argument with Lilith, and it has been bothering him ever since. He felt awful about what he did to Lilith, leading her on as he did, but he thought she caught on. Lilith was the only person he considers an equal and he messed it up. Of course, he knew dating people like themselves would be bad news. He thought about what he said in Santa Monica and understood why Lilith was pissed off.

"I can't believe she'd think we'd be together. I mean...me and her. She's cool, but I can find someone like her" he was talking to himself. The guilt and regret washed over him. He knew he needed something to get his mind off of her.

Lilith goes back to the familiar restaurant, Archambeau. She was greeted in as she simply walked inside and headed towards the area meant for people like her. She took a seat and ordered a drink. As she was drinking and smoking her cigarette, she was watching a woman who was singing on stage, a very jazz song.

"Fancy seeing you here, Lily." a man said.

Lilith looks over to the gentleman who took the seat in front of her, "Chris, right?" Chris Whitley was the one that introduced himself when she first dined in the restaurant with Samael and Donna. He trained in Scotland and was about three to four years older than her.

"I couldn't help, but noticed how beautiful you look tonight. But I also see that you aren't in the happiest mood." he said.

"I guess you can say that." she said.

"Anything I can do to help?" he said.

"I don't know if you can." she said.

"Try me." he gave a half-smile.

"I've been played" she said.

"What? No. The devil herself got played?" he said.

"I was used by whom I considered to be a good friend. What a good life we live in." she said.

"I'm sorry, Lily. " he reaches her hand on the table and rubs it, comforting her, "Though you've lost a good friend, you've gained a new one."

"Thanks, Chris. I hope you aren't playing me." she said.

"I wouldn't dare. Besides, what time do we have for personal pleasure?" he said.

"I guess you're right." she then changed the subject, " So what are you doing here?"

"I came to relax. I just finished a job an hour ago. " he said and drunk his scotch.

"Same here." she said.

Adam also decided to go to the same restaurant Lilith was in, not even realizing they would both be in the same building once again. Once he enters the lounge, of course, he would notice Lilith right away. But before he could reach any closer, he sees a man walking over to her. But this wasn't any man, this was his rival. Chris and Adam were constantly butting heads in the UK, but Adam didn't expect him to be here in California, out of all the places. Adam sees Chris comforting Lilith, rubbing his hands on top of hers. He couldn't help but have a burning sensation, angry at the thought. He takes a seat far away, but enough to spy on them.

"Do you want to get out of here? I've been craving some ice cream." Chris said.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I could kill time." she said.

Chris got up and lent her a hand. Once she fixed herself up, he guides her out with his hand on her back.

Adam saw this interaction, and let his imagination get the best of him. Before he could spy on them further, his thoughts were interrupted by a woman.