Chapter 11

The car crashes and everything played out for Lilith. The world slows down, and pieces of glasses flying through the air. Before she realizes the situation she was in, everything went black. Her eyes stayed shut, but she can faintly hear the outside noises. She hears a car, she hears voices screaming. Her eyes slowly open and she sees a car drive away. She looks to the side without turning her head, and no one else was there except the dead driver and the other guard.

She sees a light from her left. The headlights of the car were so bright, one could be mistaken that they've already passed on. Men bent down, trying to get her out of the wreckage, but these weren't people she knew. Everything was going in and out. She closes her eyes, the minute she opens them, she is in another car. She closes it again, then opens to see an unfamiliar setting. Closes them one last time, then the cold drapes over her. She finally wakes up and her face was wet. The soreness kicks in from all around her body, but she is unable to move. She was tied down to a chair. Her mouth tables shut and her hair was being pulled to keep her head up. A face approaches her, her vision too blurry. It took a couple of minutes before she realizes what was going on.

"Hello there, beautiful." a familiar voice said.

Lilith glared at him. It was Mateo.

"You must be thinking how I've recovered so fast after you and Ivan took everything away from me." he said as he was polishing his knife, "Networking. You'd be surprised how many people are pissed off at you guys. So many small businesses. So we teamed up." he bents down and looks at her level, "I know you are only doing your job, Lily. You were contracted to that man. But I can't let you go and pretend you don't exist. I have to take care of you first in order to finish Ivan off. I was hoping to get the package deal and get both you and his son. But I didn't realize you teamed up with people of your kind. You have made it really difficult time and time again, but I guess that reflects on you doing a very good job. You must be paid really well." he stands up and looks down at her, "Unfortunately, I think this is the end of the road for you. Sad too, really. You are so young." he takes the knife and traces the sharp edge on her face, "But as a child, you've been such a brat. Time to endure the consequences."

He takes the knife and shoves it on her thigh, twisting it as he goes. Lilith cries out in pain, but it was muffled by the tape in her out. Her head wanted to move forward, but his men grabbed her hair in order for her to sit upright. Mateo played with the knife in her thigh slowly. He then pulled it out as slow as well. He takes the knife and places it back on the table giving her some time to rest before he wraps his fist, ready to strike. He hits her stomach and face, multiple times. Lilith's face was swollen and red. Blood poured out as there was a deep cut on her cheeks.

"I think I'm done. The poor girl has had enough, although I would love to use this machine." He picks up a machined that had a circular blade that can easily cut threw skin. He waves this machine in front of her face, "I only give what you gave to me. So I guess we are even." He motions the men holding her from behind to finish her off for him, while he and his other men leave the building.

The two men placed her head in a plastic bag, suffocating her. Lilith tried to squirm for her hands and feet were tied. At this point, she didn't care if she was hurting, her body's instinct was telling her to breathe as soon as possible. She was growing weaker and weaker, by the second. Just when she was about to give up, there was a release of pressure from the bag. Still trying to desperately breathe, the bag was still on her head. She can hear grunts around her and the sound of bodies dropping. The bag was finally released from her head and she breathed in deeply. Her eyes were too swollen to see.

"Lily, listen to me. It's me, Chris, I'm going to get you out of here, just stay with me." he said.

He picks Lilith up in his arms and raced to his car. He gently lays her down on the backseat. He takes her to his place and lays her on the couch. He calls in his friend to check up on her and treat her wounds.