Chapter 8

It's been three days since Lilith fell unconscious. She pushed through her soreness and pain as she tries to plan out the security for Samael's party. She was in her office, looking at her board. A layout of the party, along with entrances and exits. Illustrated rooms, hallways, air vents, anything that an unwanted stranger will use to make their way in. She was deep in her concentration that she didn't even notice Adam walking in.

Adam crept up as he carefully closes the door. He sees her focusing heavily on her board, her back facing him. He walks up slowly to her, and places his hands on her waist. Lilith, who was frightened, her reflexes kicked in and quickly removed herself from his grip and places her hand on his neck, choking him.

"It's me." he tried to speak while gasping for air.

"Adam! Why would you do that?" she released her grip.

"I thought you wouldn't have that much strength in you. I was wrong. Dead wrong." he rubbed his throat.

"How did you get in my house?" she went over to her desk to drink from her water bottle.

"A window was open so I let myself in. You should really have some security." he said.

"What are you doing all the way in Hidden Hills?" she said.

"I live here neighbor." he said.

"Neighbor?" she said.

"Yup, just moved in." he said.

"Let me guess, did you kill the previous owners?" she said.

"Haha, very funny. I bought that house months ago. It just so happens that I barely had the time to settle in." he said as he was touching all of her things from the bookshelves. He then focuses his attention on her board, "What's all of this?"

"Work." she said.

"What kind of work?" he said sitting on her desk, rummaging through her stuff.

"None of your business." she said as she ripped the paperwork from his hands.

"Petrov's sweet 16 party. Top class work if you ask me." he laughed.

Lilith just glared at him before turning her attention back to the board. She had these red pins representing as Ivan's henchmen. She was trying to figure out how much and where these men should be.

He walked up to her and looked at the board, understanding the whole operation" By the looks of it, you should have two men by this door. If I would get in, there is an air vent on the corner, if no one was watching, it's easy to pass through right here." he pointed, "Since it's a dead-end here, they have no choice, but to turn around this corner." he then picked up a pin, "so have him right....here."

"Yeah, but if someone enters this vent." she then took the pin Adam had just placed, "Who is going to watch this door." she places the pin back to where it was.

Adam then picked up a pin from another location, "Then grab this guy because you don't need that much to guard this area, and place it here."

Lilith then took that pin Adam placed, "No, I need this amount of guards because there are about 4 openings coming from these sides." then placed it back.

The two went back and forth arguing. It became so loud that their voices echoed throughout her home. They heard the door handle move and Lilith quickly pulls the board down revealing a blank side.

It was Samael, holding his girlfriend's hand, Donna. Obviously, Donna immediately saw Adam and went over to him to give him a hug.

"Adam, it's great seeing you again." she said.