Chapter 6

When Lilith stepped out of the restaurant, a limo was waiting for her. The person who called her during her dinner, requested that she return back to the hotel. When she arrived, Nyx told her someone was waiting for her at the bar. Lilith walked over and saw a familiar face.

"Director." Lilith smiled.

"My Lilith." The Director said.

"I can't believe you are here. What's going on?" Lilith said.

"I wanted to see how you are doing, and I see that you are doing very well." she said.

"I know that wasn't the main reason." Lilith said.

The Director looked down and sighed. A man approaches from behind.

"Hi Lily. I am Tim Carter." He shook her hand, "I run LA's finest nightclubs, as well as host members like yourselves. I've been running into some problems with...certain people, and I'd like them taken care of. I've hired many hitmen, but they've all failed my expectations. But the few that have reached my expectations are the children of Ruska Roma. The Director kindly recommended you. Now, I know you are currently in a three year contract with Mr. Petrov, so that's why I have The Director come here and explain some things herself, since I understand you couldn't trust a mere stranger like me." he said.

Lilith switched her attention to The Director. She reaches in a briefcase Lilith's contract.

"Lilith, even though you are under this contract, it doesn't mean that you are restricted. You are welcomed to work under many employers. Ivan is under the impression that he has you to himself, but the contract explicitly states that you can work with others that want to employ you." The Director said.

"The tasks that I will give you aren't much. But they will be paid well." Tim added.

"Well, I do need the extra money." Lilith said.

"I think I am hearing an agreement?" Tim said.

"You sure are, Mr. Carter." Lilith shook his hand.

"Great." he said.

"Let's keep your other affairs to yourself. Petrov doesn't have to know, besides, it isn't his business anyways. Like I said Lilith, you are your own person. You were destined to carry great power. A contract shouldn't hold you down." The Director said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a year since Lilith met up with The Director. She has worked for countless employers after working with Tim Carter. When people heard her contract was open, there was a wait list of people wanting to employ her. She racked up gold coins and was able to purchase her own mansion in hidden hills within a matter of weeks.

Ivan grew curious of her activity, though, she wasn't trying to hide it. With her having coins to spare, and living a luxuries home, he was bound to catch up. Instead of having his men spy on her, he thought to simply try and ask her. But to his surprise, it didn't go as he expected.

"You have a beautiful home, Lily. You have bought suits of all kinds, expensive weapons, and beautiful cars. I must ask, where you are getting this kind of money, because I recall not paying you this much for you to be spending so lavishly." he said.

"Well, the contract you signed with The Director explicitly states that just because I work for you for three years, it doesn't mean that I am restricted to employers. While you didn't have a job for me, I use that time to work with others." she said.

Ivan was a bit taken back that she answered straight. He thought she would deny or make a complete lie, but she answered his question with no hesitation, "I see. Well, it seems it doesn't hinder you from the work I give you and you've done well this past year, so I guess it's alright with me. I see you've done well for yourself."