Part 5

Looking in the mirror you smiled at yourself. 'Well, don't I look fine.' you thought.

You'd been given a long sleeved wide necked forest green shirt that fit you tightly showing your curves. Then the navy blue jeans. You sighed at how comfy they felt. Lastly they had let you keep your black leather combat boots. Not being able to really age was amazing at the fact that your clothes lasted you for years. You pulled your hair to the side letting it all drape down your right shoulder.

Pleased with yourself, you pushed open the door to see Charles and Erik talking. Seeing you their chat stopped.
"You look nice. Well, at least better than when we found you." Charles teased.

You laughed and playfully hit his arm.
"Let's just hope you never have to see me like that again." you retorted

"Come on, they're waiting." Erik said leading you down a corridor.

You and Charles jogged to catch up with him. You stifled a giggle at Charles short stature, having to be at the same pace as you.

"Hey!" you heard Charles voice in your head. At that you couldn't hold it in and burst out laughing, getting weird looks from people going about their business. Including Erik.

"She was insulting my height." Charles grumbled.

Erik and you both laughed and then Charles joined in chuckling.

"So how many kids are there?" you asked curious to know about the people you were going to be with.

"Six, not including you." Charles replied.

"Of course not including me. I'm not a kid. In fact I'm only a few years younger than you two." you said pointing fingers in their faces.

"Really," Erik scoffed "cause you look like a child and certainly act like one."

You rolled your eyes at his comment.

"We're here."

Erik pushed open the door leading to a room full of teenagers. Everyone looked your way.

"Charles, I thought you said it was just the six of us? " a blonde piped up. She was pretty with freckles and sat next to Hank who beamed at you.

"That's my sister, Raven," Charles said ignoring her. "You've already met Hank. This is Sean, Alex, Angel and Darwin. Everyone this is Kate. She'll be joining us and I hope you'll keep her entertained." Then he turned to you and gripped your arms, almost shaking you. "If you feel tired at any point or need anything just ask them, I'm sure they'll help you, won't you team?"

They all nodded, except for Hank who let out a big 'sure!' making everyone glare at him.

"I'll be fine. Thank you Charles, Erik. Truly. "

Charles turned around and opened the door you'd come through, keeping it open waiting for Erik. Erik came up to you and squeezed your shoulder gently. You smiled at him as he returned it.

When the door shut you turned to the group before you. Alex broke the silence.

"Did Erik just give you a genuine smile?!"

====

This past is short because originally it was written with part 6 but I thought it was too long so I separated them.

Word count - 524

I'm also going to be shortening my chapters. They're feeling a little bit too long.