Part 7

Charles, Erik and Moira walked towards the room.

"I'm telling you, these kids aren't ready for Shaw." Erik commented, trying to change Charles's mind.

"I think they'll surprise you, they're an exceptional group of young people." Charles said defending them.

Moira's jaw hung open, catching sight of the cut in half statue. They picked up their pace to be greeted at the sight of shattered glass all over the ground and a party going on inside.

"What the hell!" she shouted. The atmosphere instantly changed. Erik frowned and took a look at Charles's disappointed face.

"Who destroyed the statue?!" Moira yelled at them.

Hank pointed an accusing finger at Alex. "It was Alex. " he said earning a glare from the said person.

"No, Havok." Raven corrected him. "We have to call him Havok. That's his name now. And we were thinking, you should be Professor X," she said pointing at Charles, "and you should be Magneto." she finished smiling at Erik.

Erik glared at everyone. "Exceptional." he said, reminding Charles of what he'd said about them, not up to a minute ago. He then walked away, not before hearing Charles tell Raven that he had expected more from her.

To Charles's surprise Erik suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned back to the window. He looked through everyone, noticing that someone was missing.

"Kate." Charles said after having heard Erik's thoughts. "Where the bloody hell is Kate?"
If it hadn't been for the urgency of the matter everyone would have questioned why Charles sounded so worried. "Hank?" he asked.

"Uhh, last I remember she went to the bathroom about 10 minutes ago, or 15?" the mutant replied as he hurriedly put on his shoes.

"Dude," Darwin spoke up, "she's been gone for a lot longer than that. Maybe she fell asleep in the bathroom. "

Erik stepped into the room and went straight for the bathroom, Charles trailing behind him.

"Or more like," Erik growled, unlocking the steel doorknob with his powers causing it to fling open with huge bang as it slammed into the wall. "teleported."

The bathroom was empty. Not a single trace that Kate had been in there. Everyone crowded around the door to see. There were a few 'woah's and gasps as they took in the sight.

"You." Erik pointed at Hank who quickly backed away. "You knew she could teleport and you didn't even bother when she'd gone to the bathroom for maybe a little bit too long? She could be anywhere right now." he said exasperated.

Charles put his fingers to his temple. "No. She's still on the facility grounds. I don't know where but she's somewhere outside." Erik and Hank breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well whoever she is," Moira huffed, "let's get looking. This is one heck of a big place for a government facility."

"Come on." Charles stated as he headed for the door. Only Erik, Hank and Moira followed everyone else still standing awkwardly in front. "Well come on, we'll need everyone for this. She's a professional at not getting found."

The five of them looked at each other before following. Before Charles turned the doorknob he turned around and faced everyone.

"Now this is going to keep us up all night. So if you're tired you should leave now."

When no one budged, he shrugged and turned the doorknob.

======

Date - Thursday , 18 June, 2020
Time - 12:18 a.m.
Word count - 575

PLEASE VOTE.

C. Riverbend