Part 27

"Kate? Love, wake up."

You opened your eyes to see Charles's face hovering over you. He was still in his sleeping clothes.

"We have a big day ahead of us." His voice was grim and his face grave.

You both got dressed in silence. Before you went out he pulled you into a hug.
"I love you." he whispered into the crook of your neck. You passed your fingers through his hair.

"I love you too." you said and kissed him on the ear. His head came up and he kissed you on the forehead.

"Let's get going." he took your hand in his and you walked side by side down the stairs.

Everyone apart from Hank was waiting in front of the room so you assumed he was inside. You let go Charles's hand as he made his way to the front to open the door.

Charles plucked a sticky note from the door. His face creased into a frown before he crumpled it up and pushed the heavy door upon.

You gasped at the sight. Tables upturned, shattered glass all over the floor, all of Hank's precious equipment that he so loved was scattered everywhere.

"What happened here?" Moira asked in a hushed voice.

"What I'd like to know more is if he's alright?" you said and picked up a piece of glass. "He could have gotten hurt."

Charles and Erik walked up to the metal container and opened it. They looked inside with everyone peering over their shoulders.

"Hank has been busy." Erik remarked.

Sean groaned. "Do we really have to wear them?"

"As none of us have mutated to endure extreme g_force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up." Charles declared.

You smiled at the sleek black and yellow suits.

=============

You looked at everyone. They were all wearing the same style each with its own unique twist. You included.

On the left side of your suit, just a little lower than your collarbone was a prism. You smiled at it tracing your finger over it.

Alex saw you first and let out a wolf- whistle making you roll your eyes.

"Looking good Prism." Raven said catching up next to you.

You turned to look at her and felt your chest swell with pride. Her skin was its natural shade of blue, her hair flaming red and her eyes were bright yellow and shining.

"Not as half as amazing as you Mystique." you complimented her.

She grinned, her teeth blinding white against her skin.

"I know." she said and let out her contagious laugh making you laugh along.

The boys eyed you and if they'd been teenagers they would have been drooling (like Sean).

Erik smiled at you and Raven. They shared a knowing glance before he set his sights on you.

"You look beautiful Liebling." he said making you flush a bit.

"Thank you." you responded politely trying not to think too much about the moment on the roof.

Charles came, smiled at Erik and took you by the hand, leading you to the hangar with the jet. His forehead creased slightly and a fraction of a frown showed when his back turned to Erik.

Raven looked around the vault. Apart from the jet the hangar was empty.

"Where's Hank?" she asked, worry laced into her voice.

"I'm here."

All seven heads turned to where the voice came from.

A silhouette slowly walked out of the darkness. Blue fur covered his head, sharp canine fangs could be seen protruding and though his eyes were no longer blue but yellow they still had the same intelligent spark in them.

"Hank?" Charles questioned. He knew it was him because it was the same voice, but still...

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them." Hank said looking at Raven. "It didn't work."

Raven took a step forward. "Yes, it did Hank. Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. This is you, no more hiding." she smiled at him.

He smiled back at her and turned to you.

"You're not going to back out on what you said, are you?"

"Oh sweetie." You rushed forward and wrapped your arms around him. He was soft and cuddly.

"I would never, even if it made you look like the loch nesse monster." You looked him in the eyes. "You're family."

He nestled his head into the crook of your neck, though it meant bending down due to his height. He straightened up and readjusted his glasses. You gently plucked them off.

You said, "Lose the glasses. Though it'll mean I can't call you Spectacles any more." He smiled weakly.

Erik stepped forward and clapped him on the the shoulder. You shot him a warning look but it was too late.

"Never looked better man." he said.

In a swift motion Erik's throat was clamped by a big furry blue hand and he was lifted off the ground.

"Hank?" Charles called uneasily.

Erik's legs swung around slightly. "Don't mock me." Hank's voice came out in a growl.

"Hank, put him down immediately, please?!" Charles's voice was on the borderline of pleading. "Hank?! Hank!" he shouted.

You put your hand on his arm. "Hank, please, let him go!" you cried. Erik fell abruptly to the floor, wheezing and gasping for air. You dropped down quickly on to your knees.

"Erik?" you asked. He waved you off.

Looking up at Hank he replied to him, "I wasn't."

"Even I got to admit, you look pretty bad-ass. I think I got a new name for you." he snapped his fingers, pointing at Hank. "Beast."

You inspected Erik's neck, pulling the collar down slightly. You breathed a sigh of relief when you saw there were no marks. He took your hand.

"Liebling, I'm fine." he squeezed it and held it a little longer before letting go. "You should get back to your boyfriend." You gave his knuckles a quick kiss before getting up and heading to Charles.

Sean looked up at the jet. "You sure you can fly this thing?"

Hank looked slightly miffed at his question before sticking his chest out and saying in a proud voice.

"Of course I can. I designed it."

================

Date - Sunday, 25 October, 2020
Word count - 1020

Well! Finally, something from the film and we're nearing the end. I just found out that you can actually get transcripts online. Aaaaahhhhh!

Please vote and remember, I love hearing from you guys.

C. Riverbend