Part 16

You walked into the living room holding an ice cold glass of water, exhausted from sparring with Raven. You had to hand it to her. She was good. What made it harder was you were both on the same level. So both of you had retreated at a stalemate.

Flopping into the reclining sofa you gave a groan of satisfaction as your aching muscles sank in.

Closing your eyes you started to drift off.

"Someone looks exhausted." a familiar British accent reached your ears.

"Charlie." you whined. "I was about to nap."

He came forward and took the glass out of your hand. "Sorry love, but you were about to drop the glass and spill water all over the carpet."

He set the glass on the floor and sank down next to you. You moved so that you could rest your head on his stomach though it meant hanging your feet off the armrest.

"Sparring with Raven?" he asked, playing with your hair.

"Ugh, tell me about it."

"Who won?"

"No one. It was a draw."

"What! That I must see." he said grinning.

"Raven gave me a code-name today, Prism."

He considered the name. "It's pretty but I don't see the connection."

"She said that I'm like a prism that I have multiple mutations while it has lots of colors and they always continue to amaze people." you explained.

You turned on your side to look at him. "What about you? Whatcha do today. Haven't seen you since morning."

He blew through his lips. "Alex is totally destroying my stepfather's underground bunker. I don't know how many fire extinguishers we've used."

You chuckled. You'd teleported into the room to have a look already. "How about Hank? Is he doing any better?"

"Yes, in fact he ran around the entire house in only a few seconds. And then someone happened to insult him. He's really down right now." he frowned at the end of his sentence. There was only one person who kept making fun of Hank.

"And I'll be giving Sean his first lesson today." he finished off.

"Ooh, what are you gonna do? I could take you guys to Paris and you could push him off the Eiffel Tower!" you said gleefully. He laughed.

"No, we'll just be trying from a window first. Though I doubt it's going to work." he said.

You opened a small portal in front of you which led to your glass of water. You stuck your hand through and brought it out the portal closing right after. After drinking it all you made a new portal and put it in the sink.

"Wow." you heard from the door way.

Both looking up you saw Sean and Alex.

"I mean, double wow." Alex chuckled. "First wow is for the portals cause that was awesome. And second wow for, what-is-going-on-here!" he said pointing at you two.

You were confused at first but then realized that you were still lying on Charles. You pushed your self up, your cheeks heating up. Charles sat up as well, his cheeks a light pink.

Sean however still thought it wasn't enough. "Kate I thought we were hitting it off. How dare you cheat on me with him?" he whined.

"By the way, you guys look really cute together. Other than the fact that she's ten years younger than you." Alex said.