Part 25

You leaned against the wall with your arms crossed as the President finished his speech. You bit the inside of your cheek worriedly. It was just like Shaw to fix up everything to his liking. It was like playing poker but he had handpicked all the cards for everyone.
After moments of silence Erik pointed at the TV.

"That's where we're going to find Shaw." he said. He looked at you as if for confirmation. You nodded grimly and looked at the floor.

"How are you sure?" Alex asked.

"Two super powers and he wants to start World War III." Charles quipped. "He won't leave anything to chance."

"I suggest you all get a good night's sleep." Erik said and left the room.

Slowly one by one they left the room. Charles took your hand in his and kissed it. Your smiled gratefully at the gesture of love.

"Can we go somewhere private? I need to talk to you." He gripped your hand tightly as you teleported to the garden. "It's going to take years for me to get used to that." he stated, blinking at the sudden change of scenery. You sat down on the edge of a fountain.

"Charlie?" you asked returning him back to reality. "You said you wanted to talk."

"Ah yes," he said and began to dig into his trouser pockets. "It's actually something I want to give you. I just have to find it first."

With a suppressed grin, you watched him clumsily turn his pockets inside out.

"Shirt pocket?" you suggested. He patted it and a shy smile crept into his face. "Really, for a guy who can read minds you forget what's on yours a lot."

He blew a small raspberry at you. You blew one right back and stuck your hand out, palm outstretched.

"No, close your eyes."

"Seriously?!" he looked at you sternly. With a huff you squeezed your eyes shut. Your hand was flipped with the palm face down. You quirked an eyebrow up but kept your lids shut.

You gasped when you felt something cold slip onto the pointer finger.

"Well, you already know what it is but you can open your eyes now!" he said cheerily.

You gasped when the flash of the ring went into your eyes. The ring fitted well on your finger, perhaps a little too tight but it was supposed to be on the ring finger.

The stone in it was the size of a pea and the color was dark blue. On each side of it were two little diamonds framing it.

"It's made from white gold

"It's made from white gold." Charles said. "My father bought it for my mother after their third date. He knew she was the one and told my grandparents. They weren't very pleased when he asked for the family ring. They thought it would just be a fling and said that he wasn't allowed to marry her. Well, he was denied the ring.

"He didn't let that faze him. He took his money and went to the best jeweler in London. And that ring," he said stroking it affectionately "is the very ring he bought."

"Did he propose to her with it?" you asked looking at the blinding ring.

"What! God no! Dad gave it to her when he told her he loved her and that one day he wanted to marry her. He couldn't propose to Mum unless it were this one." Charles brought out another from his pocket.

The diamond on it was as big as a pebble and rays of light burst out everywhere

The diamond on it was as big as a pebble and rays of light burst out everywhere. He quickly put it back in.
"Dad would never break tradition. But this ring." he said holding your hand. "This ring has more meaning then the other one ever could. Mum used to tell me so."

There was a touch of sadness in his eyes looking at the ring then looked you in the eyes.

"Kate love, I love you. I know it just like my father did. And I know that we've known each other for probably not long enough but I know you are the love of my life. I promise you that when we get through tomorrow we'll come back and I'll love you even more than I do now.

"And one day when the time is right, I'll propose, you'll say yes, we'll have a wonderful wedding, maybe have a few anklebiters and live happily ever after. Would you like that?"

You gaped at him. When you answered, it was a whisper.

"Are you asking me to marry you?"

"What! No!" He said hurriedly and ran his fingers through his hair. "I mean, maybe yes that one day I'll ask you and you'll say yes? It's really what this ring is all about."

You brought his hand up to your lips and kissed it.

"Yes. I love you."

His ocean eyes sparkled with happiness. He leaned in and his lips fell on yours. You melted into it and he put his arms around you. You both pulled away at the same time, gasping for breath.

"I love you so much." He kissed your cheekbone and held you tight in his arms. "I love you so much."

==============

Date - Sunday 11, October 2020
Word count - 930

This was supposed to be a short 500 bit added with another 500 Erik part. But it escalated and so it's one part with Erik in the next part instead.

I promise they'll be a part from the movie soon.

And remember! You have only one week left for questions. You can ask more than one and please do because it'll look silly having an entire part devoted to them and there's barely anything.

Ask anything you want, what my fave cake is, what side I sleep on at night or even my sex life! (though that would be weird)
Sooooooo, hit me! 💙💙

Lots of love,

C. Riverbend